All Words Following Because

Start from the beginning

"Mariana.." Ric said breathing heavily and I slowly nodded looking at him.

"We were just keeping a really close eye on your friends." Joe stated trying to cover up and I laughed nodding a bit.

"Yeah, real close." Alaric added and I smirked nodding at them.

"Yeah, I can see that." I sighed, referring to Joe still sitting on Ric before she quickly stood up. "Good news—Your shifts over and I'm here to relieve you of your duty." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"In that case, I'm just gonna head to the honeymoon suite." Joe said smirking at Ric before quickly walking past me and Ric stood up, clearing his throat.

"So, supplies are right here, cards are right there just in case you get bored." He nodded and I looked at the side table nodding.

"Supplies, cards. Got it." I replied smirking.

"Yeah, great—So we'll see you in a few hours." He added walking past me as well.

"Ric-" I started, cutting myself off and he turned towards me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah?" He asked and I smiled.

"It's really nice to see you happy." I smiled and nodded at him.

"Thanks." He smiled back before we both heard Caroline groan from inside the hotel room. "I-I think they're awake." He stated and I nodded before he walked down the hall, away from me.

"Okay." I whispered, taking a deep breath and walking towards the door. "Knock, knock." I said not touching it.

"Mariana. Let me guess, humanity police was your idea." Caroline scoffed from inside the room and I rolled my eyes before I pushed up the widow on the Steele door that Damon installed there.

"We really want you back, Caroline." I pointed out, looking at her pale skinned and sweaty self.

"Remember that time Jeremy died and Elena turned off her humanity? Or that time that you told everyone you still had your humanity but you also broke a waitress' spine? Or was that after the fact that she killed her own mother and also watched her sister die?" Caroline asked, raising her eyebrow at Stefan in annoyance.

"I think it was before but that after stuff was really harsh." Stefan pipped in and Caroline laughed, laying on the bed.

"You see, Stefan and I find it a little ironic that you are qualified to tell us how to deal with the death of a loved one." She added, tilting her head at me skeptically and I scoffed.

"I'm not here to preach to you, Caroline. I'm just here to show you this." I added putting the envelope through the bars. "This letter from your mom arrived at your dorm just a few days after she died. Apparently, there was something she wanted to tell you." I stated as Stefan got up from the chair he sat in and grabbed the envelope. I eyed him closely as we gave each other a reassuring look before he walked towards Caroline and she got off the bed.

"Does this look real to you?" Stefan asked emotionlessly and she rolled her eyes looking down at it.

"Her impeccably perfect handwriting? YupI remember when she taught me how to write my name in cursive." Care said looking down at it and I saw a memory flash through her mind. "So what?" She asked emotionlessly, looking up at me. "Am I supposed to read this and snap back to sad, pathetic, and motherless Caroline?" She asked laughing dryly and I shook my head at her. "Burn it." She warned, looking back at Stefan and I widened my eyes.