Chapter 1

Lily Rabe was a senior at Upper Manhattan High. And she couldn't wait to turn eighteen. Though her grades were high, she had a tendency of getting in trouble. She was hoping this year she could just pass by and head off to college, but her dad insisted she stay another year. She had already passed her core classes and had six periods to fill with extra curricular classes. But, she only chose four classes, to spare herself the stress of juggling six classes. Her classes were Art Basics 2 first period, German Language Skills second period, Photography third period, and Yearbook as fourth. That meant she could leave school earlier than most students. But, today was only her first day of school. As she walked into art, saw she was the first one there.

"Hello, Miss..." Lily leaned in a bit to read the woman's name tag. "Paulson," The woman supposedly her teacher was a younger, brunette woman. Her chocolate brown hair hung down freely around her face. And her fair skin clashed with the soft red lipstick which made her lips really pop.

"Are you the real teacher? Or are you like one of those teacher learning to become a teacher?." Lily questioned as she set her bag down on a desk.

"Yes, I'm your real teacher. This is my first year being an actual teacher though. So, what's your name?" Miss Paulson asked, looking on her class roster.

"Lily Rabe," The young woman smiled as she checked off her name.

"I've heard you're a past troublemaker," Miss Paulson remarked as she looked up at the young blonde girl, raising her brow but a small smile was still visible on her face.

"Only for teachers I don't like. But, I like you. You're new so I'll go easy on you." Lily smiled at her teacher, who gave her an affectionate look.

"Oh, well thanks I guess," Sarah chuckled slightly and continued talking. "You better take your seat, here comes the rest of your class." As soon as Miss Paulson spoke, a group of girls walked into the class. Lily frowned and sent the group a glare. The group consisted of three girls, Emma Roberts being the leader. They all liked to think they were better than everyone else because their parents were wealthy.

"Oh, looks like this little hipster is in our class," Emma remarked walking passed her, taking off Lily's glasses and putting them on.
"Am I a hipster yet? Wait, wait I gotta listen to some Nirvana and where all black too." Emma joked, making various poses aimed towards her friends. Lily just smirked and gently removed the glasses off of Emma's face.

"Go sit down," Lily said sliding her glasses back on. Just as Lily sat back down, her best friend Taissa Farmiga walked in and sat next to her.

"Hey Lily Pad," Taissa said looking at her best friend and smiling. "What's up?" She asked with her trademark kind smile.

"Not much babe, where's Evan?" Lily asked as she looked at the door, waiting for another one of her best friends, Evan Peters.

"He'll be here soon. He was talking to a few of his friends." She answered, looking at the teacher for the first time.

"Well our teacher's cute." She whispered to Lily. Lily let out a small giggle and nodded.

"This class is going to be great," She responded looking at the door to see Evan. "Hey little guy, took you long enough!" Lily called towards him, smiling. They always treated Evan like the baby brother of the group, calling him things like baby, little guy, and little Ev. Evan face lit up when he saw the girls and sat down next to Taissa.

"Sorry, I was taking to the guys about the gig we have on Friday," He said a smile on his face. Evan was the lead singer and guitarist in his very own band, Punk Autumn. They actually were fairly popular and getting bigger everyday.