'It smells like BO and wet dreams in here' - Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

I'd been avoiding Felicity since the kiss but it had been tricky, she seemed to pop up every single place I went. It was just a kiss though, nothing more. She must realise now that I haven't texted her or anything that I'm not desperate about getting another one.

My train of thought came to an abrupt halt with a hurried knock at the door. 'Danny it's me,' Jess called in. 'Jess!' She added after a pause, as if I hadn't memorised every inflection and intricacy of her voice.

'One sec,' I yelled, taking one last look at the room to check that none of Jack's pants were lying around before flinging open the door. 'Hiya,'

'Hi, you alright?' She asked whilst strolling in and chucking her guitar case on Jack's bed.

'Yeah good thanks, you look amazing,' crap did I say that out loud. She did though. I mean Jess always looked good to me, even when you can tell she'd just thrown an outfit together. But this was something else and I couldn't even tell why. It was probably her hair, a girl always looks nice when she's done something to her hair. She smelled amazing as well, like floral or honeysuckle or something – one of those scents they always put in posh Yankee candles that I get mum for Christmas.

She was dressed nice too, wearing black leggings and a loose plaid shirt. There was something about black leggings that could make any girl look super fit, but Jess managed to take it to another level. Christ, I had it bad.

'Thanks,' she spoke slowly, seemingly unsure of the unsolicited compliment. 'You too.' There was an awkward silence, neither of us sure of this new complimenty phase to our relationship. Not that it was an actual relationship yet, although hopefully that's the way it was heading.

'So are we doing this then?' I broke the silence.

'Yes, if you're absolutely sure you want to be subjected to this,' she laughed.

'Of course, I'm sure you'd be great,' I paused for a second. 'Sorry I'd offer you a drink or something but I don't have any cups. Or drinks for that matter,'

'It's fine mate, I'd rather just get this over with anyway,' Jess giggled before adding, 'not this as in being with you I just mean this as in me singing and stuff, I like being with you like I'm looking forward to chatting with you after I sing I just mean the singing and now I'm babbling sorry,' she trailed off. Oh my God - she was so cute.

'Go on then let's just do it, what're you going to sing?'

'Was thinking of doing Makes Me Want to Die by The Pretty Reckless if that's alright?'

'Sick, I love that song.'

'Okay cool, and I haven't warmed up or anything so don't be surprised if it's like proper crap.'

'Jess stop worrying, it'll be fine!' I promised. 'It's just me,'

'Yeah okay.' She murmured whilst pulling her guitar out of her case and flicking her hair back out of her face. That was another thing that always got me. Girls playing with their hair was always hot, and with that semi-serious look on her face Jess was really doing it for me. Jesus Christ, pay attention Danny.

As soon as Jess started singing I was mesmerised. She'd picked the perfect song for her voice; I had no idea what she had been so worried about, she sounded absolutely amazing.

On the last line of the song she looked right at me just as she stopped playing, our eyes transfixed in that moment, and I'm pretty sure I audibly gasped at just how perfect she was.