2 ; Maya

Maya, was arriving back at her apartment at 10am this morning. She sighed. She knew it was easy to tell she was doing the walk of shame but come on, it's been a though couple of weeks. After collage Maya started working at a publisher in California as an editor. She loved her job but it was difficult to read that many books in such a short amount of time, and lately it's been worse. None of the books she was reading spoke to her. She had published a few books that had done nicely but one stood out. "Open Doors" by Carson Shelby. It was a story of a man who goes looking for the daughter he gave up many years ago. It spoke to her.
As Maya reached for her keys she noticed a card on her door mat.
To The Maya Heart.
Riley.
This could help but make Maya chuckle. She missed Riley's handwriting. When they were younger Maya would spend hours watching Riley write down answers to their homework and take notes. As Maya turned the keys into the lock and opened the door she was greeted by her gorgeous Boston Terrier, Marco.
"Hey baby!" she said as she walked to the kitchen. she threw her keys up on the counter and hung her bag up. She was excited to open her letter but first she need to turn on some music. Maya hated it when her apartment was completely quite. It made her thoughts seem a bit too loud. She plugged in her iPhone and sat in a chair in the living room.
it was an invite to a birthday party at Riley's. Maya was meaning to go and visit but time flys when your busy.
Maya stood and walked to her phone and dialed Riley's number.
Riley picked up after the first ring.
"Hey, Rile's it me Maya" she said.
"yeah I know, I have caller ID" Riley laughed and Maya laughed slightly. " what's up?"
"um, I was calling you to rsvp to your party." Maya said with a smile. it's been a while since she had been excited to travel.
"Awesome! I can't wait till you get here" you could tell Riley was beyond excited, she was always talking about visiting each other.
"did you invite the boys?" Maya asked. Maya felt guilty for hardly talking to Lucas and the last time she talked to Frakle was when they had lunch together a year ago when she in London for a book tour.
"Yeah i did, but your the only one who said you are coming yet." Riley sounded a bit disappointed.
"Is it cool if I bring someone?" Maya asked wanting to know if her boyfriend Kyle could come. Kyle was similar to Lucas in a way. When they had first met he was so protective of his friends and was kind. But as time went on he suddenly became somewhat toxic. He didn't always say kind things and Maya just thought he was a mean drunk. Though lately he was more mean and less drunk. She wouldn't of asked Riley to bring him if she didn't know he would ask for an invite.
"Yeah sure, I'm just very glad your coming" suddenly Marco started barking at something outside.
"well I'll talk to you later. I've got to go." Maya paused. "Bye Riley." and then she hung up a little too quickly.