Golden Eyes

"Yeah, well, thanks for that. She tricked us into this." I replied. The machine gun holder slowly turned around. "My name's Gordon. I suppose your name is Linda, and you are.. uh.." Gordon uttered. "I'm Meg. I agreed to help Linda with this." Meg responded. "Oh, right, right." Gordon replied. "Our pilot's name is Chris. You'll meet him later." Greg muttered. We began to finally land on a helipad on top of a large building. "We'll introduce you to what we do shortly." Greg uttered. I was guessing that Greg was the leader of the group. Finally, after a few short moments, we landed on the helipad. Gordon opened the door and we stepped outside of the helicopter. Chris stepped out of his seat. "So you two must be the ones we came for." Chris said quickly. "That's correct, sir." I responded. "Sir? We're all on the same page here, Linda." Chris responded. "Come on guys, let's get inside. We have plenty to discuss." Greg mentioned. We quickly made our way into the apartment building. 

The inside of the apartment was clean, but filled with all types of information such as files and computers. "We are the Golden Eyes." Greg muttered. I quickly stopped. "Sounds like Shattered Eyes, and Golden Candles merged together." I responded. Greg quickly looked at me. "You know about em'?" he asked. "I found out about them when I was young," I replied,"my boyfriend at the time was a Golden Candle." That caught everyone's attention. "What was his name..?" Greg quickly asked. "His name was Harry." I responded. Everyone gasped quickly, and Greg took a fierce stance. "Harry was my cousin." Greg uttered. I took a step back quickly. "So.. he wasn't the only Golden Candle left after all.." I responded. A tear came out of my eye. I knew that there was another Golden Candle in the city.

"No.. his father never got the chance to tell him.." Greg muttered. If only Harry were here now.. I wonder what he would say. "Is it true that the Shattered Eye killed him?" Greg asked quickly. I glanced at him slowly. "He did, but I killed him." I muttered. "So those rumors were actually true.." he responded. He wiped the tears coming out from his eyes. "For years, I trained.. I trained so that I could destroy the Shattered Eyes, in other words, the Shattered Candles.." Greg muttered. "You've found someone else with the same objective as you.." I exhaled softly. Meg stood there, confused. "I don't know what's the deal here, but count me in anyways. My brother was a Shattered Candle, and they betrayed him when he moved cities.." Meg uttered. Greg smiled. "Welcome to the Golden Eyes." he replied.