New Friend

Mark held the detention note in his fist. Stupid Mr. Al , if he wasn't so damn old he would have realized it was Wilford. 

Mark sighed, for the past week all Wilford did was get Mark in trouble or try to beat him up.He didn't know why, he did nothing to Wilford. Mark decided to stay in drama, he liked Mr. Jack and how he had so much energy. 

Mr. Jack was doing the detention class this week, and some kids where already sat on some chairs talking. Mr. Jack was kicked back on his chair, looking at some paper. Mark walked over to his desk, and handed him the note, "Man, don't think I'd see you in this crowd Mark." 

He took it, and put it in a paper shredder sitting by his desk. 

"You can join the others." He said, and looked back at the paper he held. Mark walked over to the small group, most of them the usual troublemakers, and some of the really quite students who probably got caught up in the mess. 

Mark sat next to a girl named Jess, who was one of the really quite girls. She was reading a book, looking quite peaceful. 

"Hey slut, how's your boyfriend." Said a boy named Jake. Mark glared at him. Jess only blushed red, and brought the book closer to her face. 

"Hey, back off." Mark snapped, and Jake only rolled his eyes before turning back to his other douche bag friends. "Thanks." Jess smiled, and went back to reading. Mark kicked back, bored. 

He didn't have anything to read, he finished up his homework in Science. He glanced over to Mr. Jack who he caught staring at him. Mark knew Mr. Jack was worried about him. Every time he entered the class, Mr. Jack smiled the brightest at him. 

It was annoying, but hey, at least he cares. Unlike most of the teachers in this damned school. 

"Hey, are you busy this weekend?" Jess asked, grabbing Mark's attention. "No don't think so." Mark smiled. 

She grabbed a piece of paper, and wrote a number on it. "Here, give me a call this weekend. Maybe we can hang out?" 

"Yeah, and maybe do some other things." Jake butted in, cackling. 

"Fuck off douche bag." Mark growled. Jake smiled, "So you wanna tussle?" He stood up. Jake was taller then him, but Mark had more strength. 

"I don't want to fight." Mark sighed, and took his phone out to show the lack of interest. Jake slammed his phone out of his hands, and grabbed his shirt. "Aw come on, to afraid to fight after Wilford got at you?" 

Mark shook his head, "No, I just don't want to fight with a teacher in the room." Jake let him go then, and sat down far from him. 

Mark looked at Jess who was hiding a smile. 

"Now that's how you think on your feet." Mr. Jack laughed from across the room, and everyone turned to him. 

"You guys can go, I don't like the idea of detention and I already saw some action." 

Everyone cheered, and left, Jake completely forgetting Mark. 

Mr. Jack stood up, and walked over to the broken window, shoving his hands in his pockets. 

Mark offered Jess a hand, and she took it. They walked out to Marks bike, and she giggled, "I hope to see you soon." She gave him a small kiss, and walked to her car. Mark leaned on his bike, smiling a bit. 

He glanced up at where Mr. Jack was standing. His face was shadowed, and Mark waved at him, before getting on his bike and driving home. 

                                                                                __________