Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Beach Movie or any of its characters. [Go to 1st chapter for story details/summary.]

A/N: Reminder - this is an AU story.

I am so freaking sorry this took so long. School really didn't allow me to work on my story as much but this chapter is longer than the previous two so yay. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Enjoy the story! (Any mistakes are my own and will be fixed later...hopefully.)

~*~

Chapter 3: Bathroom Backstories

~*~

The rest of the period was a blur for Lela—a similar introduction from her previous classes was given and the syllabus was passed out—and now she was currently being dragged out of the school by Chee and Giggles for their free period. They hauled her to the back of the school, heading to the beach that was located behind the large building. Many students were scattered all over, either hanging out, studying, or enjoying the warm sun.

"Why are we here again?" Lela questioned, looking to the girls expectantly. She wasn't opposed to going to the beach—she just didn't want to get her clothes messy and become late for class. Especially on the first day. She wasn't ready for a notorious reputation.

"The beach is a great place to hang out," Giggles stated, a wide smile on her face. "Plus, I get some time to surf." She yanked on Lela's arm, pulling her forward.

"And this is legal?"

"Oh, yeah," Chee drawled, trailing behind them. "The school's pretty lenient on us so we get privileges that other schools don't get. And to be honest, we would still do this, legal or not." The ends of lips quirked, her eyes settling on the beach's shore, someone catching her attention. "Looks like Struts beat us here."

Lela whipped her head back to the Latina, clearly surprised by the name. "Struts?" Does everyone have weird nicknames?

Chee shrugged. "Well, her name's Jessica but her walks look like struts so that's what we call her," she clarified as if that made any more sense.

Lela narrowed her eyes at the brunette, not understanding. She finally sighed in defeat. This town is weird...but strangely, I'm okay with it.

"Chee! Giggles!" the "Struts" girl called, walking up to them. She was dressed similarly to Chee but it was lighter and girlish, with more pink. Her eyes froze on Lela and she faltered. "Um, hi."

The raven haired girl stepped forward, smiling widely at Struts. "I'm new. My name's Lela."

"I'm Jessica but you can call me Struts."

Lela pressed her lips together. "Yeah, I've heard."

Giggles turned to the trio before shrugging. "All right, I'm gonna go hit the waves. Join me if you want!" She began to pull off her shirt, revealing a pink bikini top. Lela tried not to stare. Her eyes darted away, cheeks burning. Argh, curse my gayness. "Hey Struts, you have my back-up clothes?" she asked, kicking off her colorful shoes and socks.

The other girl nodded, gesturing to her bag. "Yeah, your blue sweatshirt and red shorts. You owe me food for this," she reminded, pursing her lips.

The surfer grinned, shimming out of her skinny jeans. "Burgers, on me. You can join us if you want, Lae." Her bikini bottom matched her top, both pink and very bold. Giggles shoved her school clothes into her bag. She ran her fingers through her hair, the soft locks shimmering gold.