Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Beach Movie or any of its characters. [Go to 1st chapter for story details/summary.]

A/N: Reminder - this is an AU story. I'm so sorry this took forever to post (school and sports are taking up a lot of my time). Besides that, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! Any grammatical mistakes are my own. Enjoy!

~*~

Chapter 2: New Friends

~*~

During Mr. Terry's speech about class expectations and safety regulations, Lela turned to Mack, who was jotting down notes. Her ocean blue were captivated by the brunette's simple movements. She just couldn't tear her gaze away—her body refused to cooperate with her mind.

The bell rang and Lela jolted, dropping her pen. She flushed, running a hand through her raven locks. I hope no one saw that. God, what's gotten into me?

"Lela?"

Lela blinked, focusing her attention on her new friend. She struggled to form a coherent reply. "Uh, Mack. Yeah, hey."

Mack grinned at her, amused. She held out a familiar looking pen. "I think you dropped this."

"Oh." The shorter girl gratefully took the writing utensil and placed it in her bag. "Thanks."

Mack shrugged as she rose from her seat. "Come on, we have Calculus next. We don't want to be late to Mr. Calvin's class."

The raven haired girl nodded, clutching the strap of her bag. "Mack? I was wondering if you could show me to my locker first. I just wanted to know where it would be so I could drop any books off later." She smiled shyly. "If you don't mind, of course."

"Oh, sure. What's your locker number?"

Lela took out her schedule. "Locker #125," she read. She shifted on her feet, waiting for the girl's response.

"That's a few lockers down from mine. We should hurry if we want to get there in time."

Mack led Lela out of the class and through the halls, avoiding any collisions with fellow students. They climbed down the stairs, following the direction of the hallway.

Lela chewed on her lower lip, wondering about the rest of the day. She would be sharing classes with Mack during half of the day and it was clearly affecting Lela's attention span. Just thinking about it would make her stomach twist up in knots. So immersed in her thoughts, she didn't realize that the brunette had stopped, causing her to bump into her.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" she apologized in a hurry.

"It's alright," Mack assured with a smile. Her brown eyes roamed over Lela's flushed face. "Your locker is right here."

Locker 125 was right before them, a small blue compartment. Lela fished out her schedule and looked over the locker combination. She inched closer, fumbling with the combination until she popped it open. A proud smile donned on her face and she placed a single journal and pen in the space before closing it. She grinned at Mack. "Okay, let's go to Calculus."

Mack nodded and escorted Lela to Calculus, which was, fortunately, on the same floor. Mr. Calvin was a white middle-aged man with thinning salt and pepper hair and a stoic expression. When he introduced himself to the class, his voice was monotonous, literally putting the class to sleep. Besides the dull atmosphere, Mr. Calvin was a pretty good teacher—if you managed not to fall asleep.