Part Nine

Hey guys. I know this one is rudely short, but I had to get it out of my head and out. More to come. -Morgan

-------------

-Frank's POV-

Okay, so I had 'leaned' on the door lock button on purpose. You got me. But I wasn't sorry for a second that I had. Though he tried to hide, when I bent to retrieve his comic from the floor, I saw Gerard's eyes.

And oh, what beautiful eyes!

I never knew eyes alone could be so stunning, tell so much about the person they belonged to. It was amazing. Gerard's eyes were a lovely shade of hazel, little bits bordering on amber or even green. Their color alone was spectacular, however, was nothing compared to the emotions hidden in them.

Fear. Anxiety. Kindness. Shyness. Embarrassment. Insecurity. Uncertainty.

Loneliness.

So much to see in them, I actually paused a moment- a long moment- before reluctantly getting back to my feet. Wasn't long before he scuttled upstairs, leaving me to my lonely marriage with the lobby.

Funny, the emotions reflected in his own eyes were all the same ones I felt before, during, and after my suicide attempt, still felt even now.

That got the old wheels turning. Ha Gerard tried to end his life as well? Was that why he was shunned? Or did he choose that life, want to be kept out of the way of the evils of society?

I had told him he should show me his art, but it was only minimally about the art.

I wanted to see him. Just him. And not just who he projected- the real him, the Gerard that I was certain hid away on the inside, just like his physical being did.

I wasn't sure what it was, really.

But those eyes tole me he was special. But they also showed trouble. An inner battle? A tearing of his psyche? A message.

"Help me."