Part One

-Frank's POV-

Life is a terribly confusing thing.

That's such a cliché thing to say, isn't it? And such a cliché thing to think. But I can't help but believe this, as the misery that has overwhelmed much of my life has broken my spirit in a way that I can't comprehend, forget anyone else trying to understand it. The confusion stems from this, that the thoughts originating in the darkest recesses of my brain are the ones that fight their way to the forefront, scream at me till I act on my impulses. I find my escape route. But I suppose this time I didn't just cruise along that highway, I drove right off the edge.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Frank Iero, seventeen years I've been on this dreary planet. I haven't been stable for as long as I can remember, I suppose. I never knew my father. I don't think I've seen my mother in weeks, even though I reside in the same house with that woman. School is something I never trouble myself with, academics have been the furthest thing from my mind. I do enough reading and composing music to know that I have an IQ. Who gives a fuck whether Aristotle was a philosopher, or if I can do the Pythagorean theorem? That shit isn't affecting me, not where I'm taking my life.

I'm a musician, my saving grace is the pounding of loud music in my head and holding my beloved guitar.

I'm also suicidal, and last week I tried to kill myself.

Life is a terribly confusing thing. Why am I still here?