V is for Virgin & That's What I'll Forever Be: 31

Start from the beginning

But Gabriella, she broke my wall. Her cheery disposition from the very first time we met irked me. It wasn't what I was used to. I was surrounded by fake barbies, and fake Kens. Even my jock friends had the tendencies to be a little overbearing and annoying, but she wasn't. I didn't know when I actually fell in love with her, but maybe it was when I kissed her for the very first time. I knew it was her first kiss, but I hate to admit it, I felt like it was my first too. The fireworks, the sparkles, it wasn't just a no-frills kiss. Everything about it was like in the movies, and even more.

I knew I shouldn't have started the bet. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew I was going to lose, but I wanted to test my judgement, because I was afraid to fall into her charms. I was afraid that she might change me. The feeling was completely new to me, so I thought the best way to deal with it was to steer clear from it. When Ashton came in the picture, I was quite relieved that at least someone who could be half deserving of her love entered the scene. I knew I wasn't perfect, but I wasn't good for her either. I was terrified of hurting her, and hurting myself in the process of discovering my feelings for her.

But I can't fight it. What I feel for her was real, no matter how many pretty girls came my way, no girl can ever make me turn a second glance after knowing Gabriella. She's the moon, the stars, the whole universe to me. And looking at her helpless, defeated, and peacefully resting disturbed me. Because I blew my chance - a chance with her, a chance to redeem myself from the mistakes I've made.

"Aiden?"

Her voice stopped me on my tracks, and I watched as she slowly opened her eyes. I gaped at her for a while, before closing my eyes, thanking my lucky stars, that she's finally awake.

"Gabriella?"

"You look like you haven't showered for days." She laughed, her throat was still hoarse, so I poured her a cup of water which she thanked me with.

"Three days, to be exact." I muttered, tears falling on my cheeks, as I stared at the most beautiful girl in the world, here, with me.

"Was that how long I've been sleeping?"

I nodded my head in response.

"I thought, you wouldn't wake up..." I cried softly, letting all of my defenses down. This was Gabriella. I could not afford to lose her once again. I already did, twice. Her gaze softened, as she held my hand.

"How could I not when I know you're here waiting for me to wake up?"

Even if she didn't word it out or lay it out completely, and even  if people, or the readers think I'm completely assuming, I would take that simple question as a response to the "I love you's" I've showered her with, during those three days.

"Gabriella!" The front door opened, revealing Lianna with a smile on her face, her hands holding two plastic bags of what looked like sandwiches and drinks for us.

"Sis!!!" Luke cried out, hugging her sister as well.

"Where's mom?" She asked, hugging everyone back with love in her eyes.

"She'll be coming back tomorrow. She could not look at your state, she would burst."

She frowned, and I gave her a small smile. When she was shot on her chest, even the doctors told us that there's a small chance she would live. Even after they took out the bullet, it scraped a part of the skin in her heart. How it managed to get there, we didn't know much.

"I'm sorry, Gabby!" Lianna sniffed. "I shouldn't have lashed out on you like that! Now I know how much both of you care for each other."

She smiled, hugging her friend back.

"You were just worried, Lia. You're a great best friend. I couldn't ask for a better one."

She burst to tears again, hugging, and kissing her friend.

"I really thought... it was the last time I'd ever get to talk to you, Gabby. The doctors said there was a slim chance, because the bullet had somehow managed to scrape your heart. The doctors said it was a miracle your veins didn't explode, or something. I... I don't know, some complicated medical shit. All I knew was, I really thought we wouldn't be able to see you again, your heart was.... weak and-"

"Stop rambling already, Lianna. I'm here, alive and well, not kicking yet." She giggled, making me hug her, and kiss the top of her forehead. She was about to lean in and kiss me, but I stopped her.

"Uh, I haven't brushed my teeth for three days-"

"Yeah, Gabby. He's watching you like a hawk. I doubt he even sleeps anymore." Seth interrupts, making me glare at him. Gabriella touched my hand with a small smile on her face.

"Thank you, Aiden. Thank you guys. You know, there's only one possible reason why I probably lived."

"What's that?" Luke asked, still hugging her sister.

"All of you. Your love," She turned to me, and I kissed her cheek softly. "Everyone's love, is something I'd take a bullet for, literally."

We all laughed, before the doctors emerged, and took Gabriella for a few scans and tests.