9: Ruby Takes A Nap

"So how was your first day?" Liz asked as I walked through the door. She was in sweatpants and a sports bra. I probably stared at her flat tummy too long. She started to walk away.

"I'm still listening!" She said while halfway down the hall. I flopped on to the couch, face down and let out a huge groan into the couch cushion. My body was so sore. Everything hurt. My bottom half hurt from standing. My back hurt from mopping and cleaning. Even my face hurt from smiling.

"It was good," I said, probably too quiet for Liz to hear. I didn't care. I stretched out and put my hands under my head, making a little pillow for myself. I closed my eyes and thought.

Pros: Money. Tucker. Ben? I listed in my head.  Unf God, Tucker and Ben. I would gladly be the cream of that Oreo cookie sandwich. Mmmmm sandwich. I'm so hungry.

I opened my eyes and looked around, like food was magically going to appear in front of me. I shut them again and relaxed.

Cons: Cleaning. Rude people. Tucker.

I stopped. Why did I think Tucker was a pro and a con? He was definitely a pro. Except for the fact that he wouldn't work with me every time I worked and I was probably imagining that he was feeling something towards me.

Something told me I wasn't making that up. The way he watched me while I cleaned. Our conversations. He seemed to be enjoying my presence as much as I enjoyed his.

No. I couldn't let myself think that way. I needed to think about something else. Something only slightly more realistic. Ben.

Ben gave me his number before he randomly left mid-shift. More accurately, I gave him my number. He was very smooth about it, just handing me his phone and telling me to put the number in. If he were anyone else, I might have been a lot more rude.

Except he's sweet and hot as hell. I drifted to sleep thinking about touching every single one of his tattoos.

Author's note:
This chapter is really short because I wrote it on my lunch break at work. I promise I'll have nice, solid chapters coming up for you. <3 

Warning for the next chapter: It gets a little adult up in hurr