Epilogue

Epilogue

3 months later

Mayview CourtHouse. 3:27 PM.

            “Is there anything you would like to say to the Court, Mr. McGregor?” the judge asked Timothy. She had straight red hair, piercing green eyes, pink lips that were pressed in a thin line and she was clad in her black judge's robe, complete with the wooden gavel.

            Timothy, who was dressed in an orange jumpsuit, turned to face the Court. “I did this for love," he explained solemnly. His face softened slightly. "I love her and will always love her. Being blessed with her presence for a few days made it worth it. I got to be around her and be around my family. I am not sorry for what I have done and I would do it again if I could." And with that his face resumed the same emotionless expression it had for the past 3 months and most of his life actually.

            “Thank you for that Mr. McGregor. You are being convicted for the murders of Jameson DeClark, George Hayfield and Frederick Rumney, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful pointing of a firearm, identity theft, 2 counts of attempted murder on Naomi Respero and Matt DeClark and counseling Becky McCarter into murdering Annie Respero, Julio Respero, Brett Respero and Hazel Summers. I hereby sentence you to 8 consecutive life sentences, 2 of which can be served concurrently and I order 2,000 hours of community service for these offences.

Mayview CourtHouse. 5:14 PM.

             “Is there anything you would like to say to the Court, Ms. McCarter?” the judge asked Becky.

            Becky turned to face the Court. “I did this for a man I was in love with and who I believed loved me too. I was his Bonnie, but he wasn't my Clyde. Now I will pay for falling in love, a mistake I'll never make again, but don’t think you won’t see me again, because I will definitely be back,” she smirked.  Even when she was robbed of her pretty clothes and her signature red lipstick, she still had a certain rebellious liveliness about her. "Maybe next time I'll be with my Clyde," she added.

            “Thank you for that Ms. McCarter. You will now continue to serve your time with an additional 7 years for breaking out of prison. You will also be moved to a maximum-security prison. Thank you. This Court is now adjourned," the judge said as she tapped her gavel on the table twice.

              "Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the biggest fool of all? You are, you are. And soon you'll see," Becky sang as two police officers lead her out of the courtroom.