*18

She watched as they suddenly walked into a room, confused Su Jin followed them. It was mere curiosity that made her listen to their conversation but after hearing it she felt the blood rush to her ears, her heart beating rapidly as she suddenly felt sick.

It couldn't be....

_____________________

There were two men in the room, one of them her uncle and the other what she assumed to be his assistant. Both pacing the room with heavy steps.

"This is not good!" Her uncle exclaimed as he stopped pacing and turned to face the other man.

"Her father had finally been rid of and everything was going to plan until she came along and the old man had a sudden change of heart." He said a disgusted expression gracing his features.

"What if they all agree on making that girl that knows nothing the next successor?!"

"There is still the option that they won't vote for her. Even if they do vote for her sir, they'll have to give her lessons and to learn everything will take a few years."

Her uncle massaged his temple as he stopped pacing. "I did not come this far for everything to be snatched away by some little girl."

"Dangyunhaji(of course)! It'll be fine. We should get back now."

The two men walked out of the room as Su Jin stood to the side, her back firmly pressed to the wall as the blood pumped through her veins. She turned around and placed her palms against the wall, taking in deep breaths as her vision shook.

What did he just say?

Su Jin slowly leaned of the wall and began walking but she wasn't sure if she could go back into that room. Su Jin pulled out her phone as she began dialing, placing the phone beside her ear.

"Choi Young Do can you come pick me up?" Su Jin said, her voice shaking slightly as she spoke.

____________________

Su Jin was nowhere to be found and it was almost time to make the decision. Her grandfather felt a vibration in his suit pocket, he pulled out his phone and unlocked it as a text had come.

Harabeoji mianhae, I feel sick... I'm just going to go home.

He looked at the text for a few seconds before standing up from his seat, "let's begin the vote. All of those in favour of my decision please pick up your hand."

Almost the whole room slowly lifted their hands, some seeming reluctant and other's not too sure. But the hands were up and that meant that his granddaughter was to be the successor. One hurdle down, many more to go.

He really wanted to let Su Jin decide whether she would accept or not but there really was no way he was going to hand this company over to anyone else while he was alive.

Meanwhile her uncle sat there with his fists clenched, as he glared at the table, "call the newspapers."

There was no way he was going to let her have it that easily.

_______________________

Choi Young Do skidded to a stop in front of Su Jin, her face a pale colour as she silently got on to his bike. Somehow Young Do knew what she was feeling and without a sound he twisted the handle of his bike and merged back into the traffic. He just drove around aimlessly for a while like that other time before when he was upset deciding to go to the convenience store. But something stopped him as he changed directions, heading to that one place other than the convenience store that he went to. He didn't know why he wanted to take her there but he did.