They sat there silently for a while before Su Jin piped up, "you know how yesterday I got called home early? Yeah well I met my 'uncle' for the first time."

"For the first time huh? From my experience the only time one meets a new family member after a long time is when it's to do with money or possession..."

___________________

"Harabeoji, I'm back." Su Jin said as she came into the living room to see him sitting there, an air of seriousness surrounding him.

"Su jinah, I need you to go with me somewhere..."

Su Jin blinked, surprised at the sudden request, not that she was going to say no but it had just caught her off guard since usually he didn't really involve her in any of his business. Maybe it had something to do with yesterday.

"Okay.... As in business related? Do I need to change into something more..... official like?"

"No, no just wear something smart but casual." He said giving her a smile as she turned back around heading to her room, still puzzled about this sudden request.

Her grandfather sat there as he watched Su Jin make her way back into the hallway. He had thought about his decision long and hard since yesterday but it had actually been on his mind for a few weeks now and he had come to a final conclusion. The truth was that in any household that has money to spare there are always greedy eyes looking upon it, like snakes waiting and watching for the right chance to sink its fangs and release its venom. It's a stereotypical concept but nonetheless true. Offcourse the chance of attack was kept under control until recently when his son died. Despite having wanted to live his own life, Su Jin's dad had promised out of respect and love for his father that once Su Jin was settled on her own two feet he would come back to take over the company. However that was no longer an option and now that the lock on the cage doors had broken the snakes were running loose.

He wanted to take Su Jin and show her his world, as much as she had said that she wanted no part in that type of world he had a feeling that she, just like her father would be able to handle it very well. She had that charm, that made people feel warm, that sincerity where even if she insulted them they would know it was for their sake and even then people want to work for her... not to mention both inside and out she was an upright person. Okay maybe he was slightly biased.... But then again he felt it was completely true. He felt that, shewould be the best person to take over his position.

She should get a choice..... she shouldn't be forced just because she is the 'best' choice

He had been thinking about that as well, he wasn't 'forcing' her per say, merely giving her a little nudge in the right direction. She didn'tdidn't haaave to accept.

"Harabeoji is this okay?" Su Jin questioned walking into the room, bringing him out of his internal discussion. He nodded in reply, "it suits you."

____________________

"Sajangnim(president), he's causing a stir again." A middle aged woman said to Su Jin's grandfather as she stood beside him while Su Jin stood on the other side, her eyes roaming the interior of the giant building. There were people scurrying around with paper or files or cases everywhere she looked.

How big exactly was Daijin corporation?

As they walked past the front desk and made their way to their destination people stopped to greet her grandfather left and right. A sudden pride swept its way into her heart as she observed the interaction between employer and employee, all the workers smiling brightly as they greeted him.

They walked through double doors and into a conference room as everyone stood up, all eyes turned to her, scrutinising her while she stood beside her grandfather awkwardly. Her grandfather made a 'sit' gesture to her as he pointed to the seat beside what she assumed was his, while everyone else sat down in their designated seats.

Su Jin took this chance to take a quick glance around the room to see her so called 'uncle' sitting a few seats away.

"Shall we begin?"

Immediately her uncle got up and headed to the front of the room, "well now that everyone's here we can address the issue of successor properly." He began as he smiled at Su Jin, a tight lipped smile.

"We we're all looking forward to having the company taken over by the eldest son, but as he, due to unfortunate circumstances is no longer with us I feel like we need to assert the next successor as soon as possible. Now I suggest we stick to someone within the family tree... however sajangnim has unfortunately beared the loss of both his children and so that responsibility falls to his grandchildren. Now I think it would be best for this company if we choose my son, he has been studying overseas ever since he was six and I have been training him to assist in the development of Daijin corporations and so he already has a strong grasp on the workings. While Ms Park Su Jin is a recently added member of the family who has not an inkling of how this company works and therefore would be a hindrance." He finished as he returned to his seat.

"I understand where Han Chung Joon is coming from but I disagree, I think it is appropriate for the child of the eldest to be appointed."

The murmurs bounced off the walls in reply to her grandfather's opinion, clearly showing their distaste. While Su Jin just scowled at the reaction, she wasn't that bad. Wait did that mean that she was considering taking the position after the million times she had said to herself she wouldn't? Perhaps it was the trust that her grandfather was placing in her that made her want to take the job and show them all exactly whose daughter and granddaughter she was.

"You all have trusted every decision I've made so far and we have done well, so I believe that you should trust me one more time. After all she is my son's daughter and there is a lot of him in her as you will also see if you accept my decision."

"But what about her education, she knows nothing of this business." Someone intervened as everyone joined in with choruses of agreement.

"I have thought of that too. We shall have a vote in 10 minutes, you may discuss within that time but I hope that you all put your trust in my decision and follow through with me." Su Jin's grandfather said as he stood up and left the room, Su Jin following suit.

Once they were outside the room her grandfather turned to face her, "mianhae Su Jinah, for not telling you about this earlier. I just didn't how to say it to you. However don't worry if you don't want to do it then you don't have to, there is no pressure. I will be happy with whatever decision you make even if they all agree with me that you should be appointed."

Su Jin could not tell whether her grandfather was saying these things on purpose. "can I have some time to be alone?" Su Jin asked as she felt her head spinning.

"Mm just be back in ten."

Su Jin made her way away from her grandfather, slowing her steps as she got further away. She observed the people and the environment once again. Would it really be that bad to work here? Time passed as Su Jin continued to debate with herself whether she should accept it. She felt that this was all too fast for her and like her 'uncle' had said, she had no experience or knowledge. Her gut was telling her to do it but her brain was telling her no. Had her father really agreed to doing this? If he truly had then somehow Su Jin would feel responsible and in turn obliged to accept but she just couldn't imagine her father as a head of a company.

He had always just been her father.

She looked at her watch as it was time for her to get back..... just one problem, she didn't know how to. She quickened her pace as she tried to retrace as much as she could remember, while looking for any person to help her get back to the conference room. After a few metres of retracing she saw her uncle and another man, figuring they were going back to the conference room she decided to just follow them silently. She watched as they suddenly walked into a room, confused Su Jin followed them. It was mere curiosity that made her listen to their conversation but after hearing it she felt the blood rush to her ears, her heart beating rapidly as she suddenly felt sick.

It couldn't be....