0.7

Calum parked near the diner with a sigh, he was slightly nervous because he was meeting Ashton there and he was going to tell him something. He didn't know how the older man would think about it since he's never felt this way before. They never talk about their feelings.

He took his phone and keys and put them into his pocket before getting out of the car. The tan man shut the door and began making his way inside. But when he walked in, he saw Ashton talking to Michael from the window. His eyebrows narrowed when seeing Ashton blushing every couple of seconds and Michael smirking.

Calum opened the door and walked over to Ashton. He stood next to the older man and waited for him to acknowledge him. Ashton glanced at him and looked back at Michael with heart eyes. "I'm going to sit down with my friend, I'll see you later."

"What do you mean by later?" Michael smirked, wiggling his eyebrows and chucking when Ashton hit his arm and blushed deeply. "I'm sorry! But, yeah, I'll see you later. Call me."

Before Calum could say anything, Ashton leaned forward and pressed his lips to Michael's. The red haired boy smiled and when Ashton went to pull away, he cupped his jaw and kissed him deeper. Calum coughed loudly which made both boys jump away from each other.

Ashton blushed once again and said bye to Michael and turned to Calum who was giving him a smirk. He shook his head and pushed Calum away from him and walked over to a booth. Calum laughed and followed his friend, sitting in front of the older man in the booth.

"So, you and Michael? When the hell did that happen?" Calum asked, grabbing a menu from the end of the table and opened it, waiting for Ashton to answer.

"Last week?" Ashton replied, which was more of a question because he knew Calum would freak out since he didn't tell him sooner or right when it happened.

"What?! Last week? Why didn't you tell me?" Calum gasped, kicking Ashton's leg under the table to show that he was mad at his friend.

"I'm sorry! It just happened so fast and you seemed busy whenever I tried to tell you. You were always either on the phone with a client or fighting with Nicki." Ashton said quickly with a frown on his face.

"Hello, welcome to Granny's Diner, can I start you two off with some drinks?" A waitress asked with a smile on her face. Her name tag said Ruby, she had red streaks in her black hair. She looked nice and she was very pretty.

"A coffee for him and a water for me." Ashton replied, tapping his fingers on the menu. "While we're at it, can we order our food?"

When Ruby nodded, Calum and Ashton ordered their food and put the menus back where they found them. Ruby came back a couple minutes later with their drinks and set them in front of them. Calum grabbed his coffee and Ashton grabbed his water.

"Ash? Can I talk to you about something?" Calum asked nervously, holding tightly onto his coffee mug. He didn't know why he was so nervous, it was Ashton! Ashton is his best friend, he can talk to him about anything!

"Of course you can, Calum? Is something wrong?" Ashton answered with a concern look on his face.

"I've been hanging out with — with this guy named Luke. He's a teacher at that elementary school we pass everyday going home from work. He's a really really cool guy and I like hanging out with him." Calum explained.

"What's so bad about that?"

"I think I like it a little too much. We, um, we, uh, he — we almost kind of kissed? He came over the other night to watch the game and I tripped and fell on him and our faces were really close and I don't know how to feel or what to think." Calum confessed, keeping his head down and looking at his lap.

"What? Calum, you almost kissed another man?" Ashton gasped, trying to not be loud since Calum seemed nervous and sort of upset about this. "Well, how much do you like hanging out with him?"

"I guess you could say a lot. I like being with him because he's fun to be around. He gets me and laughs at my jokes. Nicki never does that, she never has. He is so nice." Calum sighed, looking up at his friend.

"I think I understand. But, don't do anything stupid, Calum. You have to tell Nicki how you're feeling. If you think you're gay, you —"

"What? I am not gay."

"Let me finish, asshat. If you're feeling this way, you have to tell Nicki. Something could happen and you should tell her before it happens so she knows how you were feeling. Maybe she'll understand and help you figure out your feelings." Ashton said, taking a sip of his water and staring down at his friend.

Calum sighed, rubbing his face with both hands roughly. He was so confused and so scared. Why was he feeling this way? Why did he only feel the way he did around Luke and not any other men or even Nicki? The thought made him feel nauseous.

It wasn't because being gay was wrong or bad, it was because Calum didn't want to feel this way. He wanted to love his wife like he used to. He didn't want to feel butterflies or certain feelings that weren't from Nicki. He just wanted everything to go back to normal.

Ruby came back with two plates in her hands, she set them in front of the two men and asked if they wanted anything else. When they shook their heads and thanked her, she nodded and walked back to the counter where Michael was to finish their conversation about Ashton.

"But I don't understand why you're going." Calum groaned, gripping at his hair and tugging at the ends in frustration. He felt like crying.

"Because we obviously aren't getting along and I think it's a good idea if we were separated for the day, maybe a couple of nights. I don't care where you go but I'm going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving." Nicki explained with a sigh, sitting next to her husband and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't see why we aren't talking about any of this. You just saying, 'Oh I'm going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and I don't care what you do' isn't going to do anything. We just can't keep running away from our problems." Calum confessed, leaning into his wife's touch.

"I know, baby. But I think this could help. We're going to talk it all about it when I get back on Saturday. We'll be okay, we'll work this out, I promise." Nicki assured, resting her head against Calum's. She kissed his temple a couple times.

"I just — I just want us to work. I love you."

"I love you too, Calum. We'll get through this."

No hoe.

Yay, I updated. How are you guys today? I really want Chinese food but it's okay, it be like that sometimes.

By the way, none of these chapters are edited so please do not bring up the mistakes or typos. Thank you:)

Let me know your thoughts :)

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE