How He's so Beautiful...

Depuis le début

***

We threw our hands up and cheered together. This was it. It was all over. We had graduated and we were no longer apart of this school. I was immediately hugged by Dylan who lifted me and spun me around. I laughed completely happy and then kissed him deeply before he put me on the ground.

Ari then attacked me screaming loudly. I caught her in my arms and hugged her tightly, "We've done it! This feels so great!"

"I can't believe it's all over. I'll miss this. I'll miss you like crazy," I pulled Ariana closer to me not wanting to let go of her.

"Me too," she said and we parted.

The twins didn't hesitate to squeeze us back into a group hug. We were all high on laughter and just congratulating each other. My brother grabbed me at one point and kissed my cheek before wandering off.

"Well, it looks like this is one of our last moments," I heard James' voice behind me.

"Just for a while. I wouldn't come out of your life for good," I grinned.

"Great because I couldn't deal with that," he smiled and threw his hand over my shoulder, "Hey, you remember that time your lover boy and I fought?"

"Yeah."

"And you wanted to know the reason," James continued, "Well it was because I told him you didn't want him. I said that you'd never notice him and you'd never love him. I pushed his buttons that day. That boy cares deeply for you and everyone in this school knew it, but you of course. I'm sorry. I thought I owed you that much."

"Thank you James. I really appreciate hearing that. You're coming to the airport tomorrow right?" I suppressed a light smile on my lips.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he winked at me and then ran off to find Ari.

"Skylar!"

"Oh there you are! My angels!" I gushed as I bent to hug Daniel and Dana. They giggled, "Listen I have something to tell you guys."

"Okay," they chorused.

"I'm leaving tomorrow to go to this really great college but I want you guys to know that I'll be back and I'll visit and I love you very much. I'll miss you," I said quickly afraid I might hurt them.

"You promise you'll be back?" Dana asked with a sad voice.

"Every chance I get and then when I'm finished with school, I'll be back for good," I promised and they nodded satisfied.

"What about you and Dylan?" Daniel asked and I thought about his question a bit.

"We'll be okay," I tried to convince myself also, "But if you see any girls coming around then just get rid of them for me."

"We will!" they assured me and I placed a kiss on each of their cheeks.

"Everything is going to be alright now," I told them and squished them in a hug which they gladly returned. I stood up tall then and noticed Dylan and his parents approaching me.

"Congratulations Skylar," Mr. Martin smiled at me and offered his hand. I shook it feeling the cold roughness of his skin before releasing it quickly.

"We're happy that you're dating our son," Mrs. Martin grinned and shook my hand also. Her hand was much smaller than her husband's but still somewhat cold

"Thank you. It's my pleasure really," I stated politely. Dylan took my hand and led me somewhere a little quieter then.

"I'm going to miss you so much," he said pulling me to him and burying his face in my hair.

"I'll miss you too," I agreed.

"What will I do without you?"

"Live. Focus on school. Don't stop living for me Dylan because you're not losing me. I'm yours and I will be coming back to you," I assured him.

"You promise?" he sounded scared.

"Cross my heart and hope to die," I whispered looking up at him. There were tears in his eyes and my heart broke at that, "No, no, no, at least save that for tomorrow."

"I love you Skylar. I will always love you no matter where in the world you are or who you're with. If you were to come to me I'd never refuse you," he stared deep into my eyes.

"I love you too Dylan, so much it hurts," I kissed him passionately. He pulled away and pressed his forehead against mine, "You'll be coming to see me tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah," he said sounding unsure.

But if he was coming to the airport to see me off, why did this feel like an unofficial goodbye?