How Everything Changed...

Start from the beginning

"So I heard about this table conversation about a certain body part. I thought that would be your weirdest thing," he smirked evilly and I covered my face to hide my embarrassment.

"No!! Jace didn't!!!" I whined.

"He did," Dylan grinned pulling my hands away from my face, "Well I find it interesting."

"I don't want to nor am I going to talk about it!" I warned.

"We don't have to talk," he chuckled and kissed me, "I'd like to think your mom would be happy that I'm putting it to good use...but of course not too much use."

His fingers pressed into my skin as his hands went on my waist, causing tingles to erupt from the individual spots and spread across my body. He kissed from the corner of my lips down to the crook of my neck. I ran my hands through his hair, pulling his face back up to mine and kissing him hungrily.

"Mommy's winning," he teased. There was a sudden hard knocking on his bedroom door and we could hear Daniel's impatient screams from outside.

"Nope. Daddy's won. Legs closed for today," I grinned and pushed him off of me. I climbed off the bed and walked to the door opening it for Daniel.

"This isn't over," Dylan warned and unwillingly got up from the bed.

"Or is it?" I smirked.

"They're here! Dylan they're here!" Daniel cried loudly.

He looked horribly scared and I reflected his emotions turning to Dylan frightened and panicking.

"Where's your sister?" I asked quickly as I turned back to Daniel.

"In the room sleeping," he said through his cries.

"Go there and protect her, okay? Promise me you'll stay with her no matter what," Dylan begged and Daniel nodded, Go."

Daniel rushed out of the room and I watched Dylan carefully. He gathered my stuff, checking for anything he could have missed and walked ahead of me. I could feel the sudden tension in the house and I saw the fear in his eyes. I rushed behind of him, grabbing his hand in mine and stopping him.

"Dylan..."

"No. You are going to take your things and leave," he pushed the items he had collected earlier into my hands, "Leave straight through the door, don't stop, don't look back and most importantly don't say anything."

"Dylan..."

"Please," he pleaded and I almost said yes but instead I placed my hand in his and pulled him downstairs behind me. We saw them sitting on the couch speaking to a bawling Martha. The more polite the conversation the better the chance of keeping Dylan safe.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Martin," I greeted painfully happy.

"Oh great, he's here!" Mrs. Martin grinned when she looked up, "Son we have great news for the family. Oh Martha, tell him!"

"You are an evil woman! You and your husband! Both of you are bitter souls and you will die lonely and unloved! You're both sick!" Martha snarled harshly and then rushed through the doors leaving abruptly.

"Well, I'll just tell you!" his mother chuckled lightly.

"Wait. The girl must go. Family matters," Mr. Martin cut in glaring in my direction.

"This is the girl I'm in love with. She's one of the only people who care for me and she shall stay," Dylan said in a low yet warning tone.

"Well fine! If you must," Mrs. Martin smiled sweetly, "We've decided that we are keeping the twins. We are a family and we must stay together. I'll be home most of the times while your father will work in the office in town. We're going to be one big happy family!"

"What?" the words escaped Dylan's lips softly. My heart sunk and an unsettling feeling grew in my stomach. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes but I blinked them back quickly. I felt Dylan's hold on my hand tighten as if he was holding on to the last piece of his hope. His sanity.

"Yes wonderful, isn't it? And we heard about all your successful work at school and on the team. Congratulations son! Excited for graduation?" his father added patting his shoulder. Dylan only nodded, clearly unable to provide any sound at all.

"How about you?" his mother turned to me.

"You're looking at the valedictorian herself," I forced a smile.

"Really? I'm impressed. Skylar Amiel, you said it was, right?" Mr. Martin asked suddenly interested and I nodded, "And what college are you going to?"

"I've been accepted on a full scholarship and early summer program to Harvard University. I leave the day after graduation," I informed him and he smiled widely fully impressed now.

"Excellent. We have a scholar among us!" Mr. Martin exclaimed, "If only Dylan could be like you!"

"Actually, Dylan was accepted to Oregon University on a full scholarship also. He was recruited to play for their team," I stated trying to get them to give Dylan some credit.

"Oh wonderful! And what shall you be studying son?" he turned to Dylan who was silently staring at him, "That medicine of yours?"

"Business. I'm studying business," Dylan spoke shocking everybody.