How we Danced at Prom

Start from the beginning

"People fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just the touch of a hand. Well me, I fall in love with you every single day..." he pulled away then and stared deeply into my eyes, "Baby now, take me into your loving arms...kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, place your head on my beating heart."

He claimed my lips then and all thoughts left. All my thinking stopped and everyone melted away. Somehow it seemed to be just me, Dylan, the ball room and that beautiful song in the background. And for some reason I still managed to make out the words that Ed Sheeran sang.

'Maybe we found love right where we are.'

And perhaps we did. And maybe this was just what I needed. Maybe I needed Dylan to sweep me off my feet so I could stop thinking about the future and what's to happen in the next three days and just focus on the now and this beautiful boy in front of me. Maybe I needed to lose myself in the moment and enjoy the time I had left. What little time it may be...

Dylan pulled away from me as the song ended and all of our friends gathered around us as an upbeat all time favorite song came on. We were all dancing and screaming out as we sang along. Everyone was laughing and having fun as we claimed the night as our own and probably our last night together like this for a while.

"I'm too hot!" Theo sang.

"Hot damn!" the rest of us chanted.

"Make a dragon wanna retire man," Jace continued.

"I'm too hot!" Thai took over Theo's part.

"Hot damn!"

"Baby say my name you know who I am!" all the guys yelled at their dates and as that part finished and the main chorus came on, we all broke out into a dance. We didn't care if we looked weird or if we were bothering anyone else. And perhaps it wasn't very 'royal' of us to be behaving how we were but we were determined to enjoy our night and we did.

"Hey guys, I'm going to go get a drink," I told my friends.

"Me too," Jace said and followed me off the dance floor. We went over to the table with drinks and he got two cups with punch and handed me one. We remained there together as we sipped the drink, "Someone spiked the punch."

"It was Theo. I saw him," I informed Jace and he looked at me and then glanced at Theo who was dancing wildly and we both broke into a fit of laughter.

"Of course it was the party animal," Jace grinned.

"So what's your deal with Alicia?" I asked nudging him with my elbow.

"I asked her to be my date," he shrugged looking away from me.

"Yeah but why her?"

"No reason. She's a girl. I had to ask someone and she's head cheerleader and I'm captain for the football team. It made sense," he stated dryly.

"So you don't like her?" I frowned.

"She's cool."

"Cool as in you like her cool or cool as in just plain cool?" I pushed and he chuckled heavily.

"Fine you caught me. Alicia and I have been messing around for some time now. I like her but she won't date me because she doesn't want to be tied down," he sighed and confessed.

"Well you've met your match," I smirked.

"That's all you're going to say? You aren't going to help me?" he asked sounding pretty vulnerable.

"Hey, I've got problems of my own. Just keep reading those books and you'll get there," I patted him on his shoulders and walked ahead of him but he grabbed my hand stopping me.

"Please. She sleeps around and flirts with guys in front of me. She makes out with guys and I've warned her to stop but I can't control her," he complained sounding frustrated.

"You're asking me, your younger sister for advice?" I grinned teasingly, "I thought 'you knew best.' The great Jace can't get a girl?"

"Shut up and help me, little one," he groaned.

"I think you should continue being a whore. You've stopped sleeping around trying to get her to settle. I say start sleeping around again and she'll come to you," I told him and then smiled, "But then again, I've only had one boyfriend. My over-protective brother scared all the guys away, so what would I know about relationships?"

"I hope you don't use your own advice because you're telling me to be a whore," he raised his eyebrow skeptically at me.

"I'm merely telling you to be yourself brother," I pointed out and left him gaping at me.

"Well aren't you just goddamn perky today," he scowled as I blew him a kiss.