Chap 39

( A/N: Some people couldn't view chapter 39 so I published it again in hopes that anyone who couldn't see it then could now)

"How the fuck isn't she"

"Honestly its not our fault ma'am"

"I don't care as long as she's fine"

I wake up startled by the murmurs in the hall. My eyes adjust to the bright light of the hospital room. I feel tired and confused all at once. The last thing I remember was driving to the hospital and meeting the doctor,before I knew it I blacked out without even knowing my results.

"Guys" My voice is dry and weak, it surprises me.

Since no body came through I clear my thoughts once more. I would have got up if I wasn't wearing the soft hospital gown.

"Tris?" Peter pops his head and grins before striding toward me. Lauren follows him with a smile, seems like a forced one, but I'm glad she's making the least bit of effort.

"How are you feeling" she asks me.

I decide to ignore her confusing actions.

"felt better" I joke. "but I honestly can't remember a thing"

"Its because you were shaking so bad when he was putting the gel on you that we decided it would be better to give you some sleeping pills" Peter says and rubs his hands on his knees.

"Did Tobias call?" I was trying not to sound hopeful but even I can hear eagerness in my voice.

It wasn't comforting when both of them smiled at me in sympathy.

"He's just busy" Peter says. I could tell he was trying to soften the blow,but I can't say it didn't hurt that he wouldn't care as much to call At least.

"yea maybe" I force out a cough. "Now what important is that did you complete my check up?"

"We did. Tris your not- You aren't pregnant"

I was guilty for feeling relieved. I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. Tobias and I aren't exactly on good terms now so it would be difficult to even raise a child together. The thought of Tobias still stings a bit.

"Tris?"

I look up to see Lauren and Peter still standing there looking at me with careful expressions. They probably thought I would cry or yell, but I just simply didn't feel the fire within me.

"Yeah?" I finally reply.

"It's okay. These things happen all the time, don't beat yourself down" Peter says. He seems as if he recited these words over and over in his head. Knowing Peter and his lack of empathy, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did.

"I Know." my voice is quite. Secretly I'm glad, but I'll probably never admit it out loud.

"The doctor says we can go home now or you could stay for a few more days here"

I couldn't wait to get out of here. The smell of antibiotics filled my nostrils and I hated looking at the same dull wall.

"let's go home"

___

Once we reach back home the first thing I noticed was Tobias's car was still gone. It seems like each second that passed my anger only grew.

"Okay considering we didn't get any sleep, we'll be heading to bed." Lauren says, heading toward her bedroom with Peter. I simply nod because I knew she wasn't really looking at me anyways.