"You better put that tongue back in then," He replies, sitting right next to me with his own plate "because I'm already thinking of all the things you do so well with that ton-"

"Well okay then!" I shout, changing the subject, "Carter, did you sleep good?"

"Yep! I had a dream about wolves running in the forest, just like my stuffed wolves. It's like they were right outside my window!" He exclaims as he puts some egg in his mouth.

"Baby, did you wake up this morning?" I ask him. There's no way he saw us...

"Yeah! That's when I saw the wolves outside my window but I must've been dreaming so I went back to sleep..."

"Oh, well that must've been an excited dream then" I say with a fake smile. Carter knows absolutely nothing about wolves. I mean he has alpha male tendencies: a temper, high energy, extremely protective, you name it. But he doesn't know there's a meaning behind all of it.

Ryder looks over at me and gives me a questioning look. I reply with a silent, I'll tell you later.

The rest of breakfast went by smoothly, and soon Carter was back upstairs playing with some toys while Ryder and I wash the dishes.

"So I'm assuming you never told Carter that we're wolves..." Ryder asks, looking at me as I hand him a washed plate.

"There was no need to tell him. We were in a human town with human people. It's not like I could tell him and he tells his friends that "Mommy says I'm special because I can turn into a wolf." I reply, continuing to wash the dishes.

"Well don't you think it's a good time to tell him now? I mean there's no harm anymore considering you guys are on wolf territory now." He asks, trying unsuccessfully to make eye contact with me.

"But what if we go back to a huma-"

"You're NOT going back!" Ryder yells, and I jump away from the sink, surprised by the outburst.

"Well..."

"There is no 'well...' Kara. I don't understand you! One moment you are telling me I have a chance and opening up to me, and the next moment you're talking about going back to live without me!" Ryder yells in frustration as he runs his fingers through his hair, messing it up.

With a sigh he walks over to me and brings his hand up to rest it right over my heart, "I want to be with you Kara. I want a life together where we can raise our son together, but I need you to listen to your heart for one second. Listen and you will know exactly where you belong."

And with that he drops his hand from my chest and walks away and up the stairs to his room to cool off.

Kara what did you get yourself into?!?

With a deep sigh and more confused feelings, I walk back to the sink and finish up the rest of the dishes by myself. I told him I would give him a chance, but telling Carter he's a wolf is fully committing to Ryder and this life again. Once I tell Carter, it's a done deal. There's no going back from that.

Am I ready? Am I ready to open up my heart to Ryder again?

Listen to you heart, Kara

As soon as I finish drying the last dish, I walk up the stairs to Ryder's room and knock on the door before opening it and peeping my head inside, "You mind if I come in?"

Ryder is laying stomach down on his bed, with his back facing the door. He turns his head to look over his shoulder before sitting up "I don't know. Are you going to be the open-minded Kara or-" He asks but before he can finish his sentence I've already walked up to him and planted my lips on his.

The kiss is short, a small peck before I pull away from him. "Wait we have to-"

"Nope. Not done yet." He mumbles, pulling myself into his lap before laying a butterfly inducing kiss on me.

While I intended for the kiss to be short and sweet, Ryder had other plans. This kiss was rough and possessive, he wanted me to now that I was his just as much as he is mine. Ryder claimed my lips and immediately took charge. I swung my lip over his lap, now straddling him as I let my fingers run through his hair. He let his hands fall from my waist to grab my butt, making me moan in his mouth.

As soon as the make-out session ended, Ryder leaned forward to let his forehead rest on mine, "You have no idea how long I've waited for you to kiss me like that." He mumbles, letting his lips trail from my jawline to my neck. "You had something you wanted to tell me..."

I nod, grabbing his face so he stops the assault on my neck, "Yes, but I can't concentrate with your lips on me"

He smirks and I fight the urge to not finish his conversation and just kiss him again, "Ryder I-" I start, but I'm interrupted by the sound of Ryder's phone ringing. I glance over to see Jacob's face popping up.

"Just ignore it." He says as he grabs my chin, pulling my eyes away from the phone to his eyes again.

"It's Jacob. It could be important. " I rationalize, before reaching over to grab it off the bed and hand it to him.

I growls before answering the phone "I swear to god Jacob, if this isn't life or death right now..."

It must be. Playful Ryder disappears and Alpha Ryder comes out. I roll off of his lap and onto the bed as Ryder stands up and starts pacing. This must be serious....

They talk on the phone for another minute before Ryder hangs up the phone and shoves it in his pocket.

"Babe. I gotta handle something real quick." He says quickly, leaning over to kiss my lips "We will pick up our conversation as soon as I get back."

I nod, "Be safe."

"Aren't I always?" He smirks over his shoulder as he walks out of the room.

Ryder's POV:

I run as fast as I can, getting to the southern end of my territory in 10 minutes. I quickly shift back, putting a pair of basketball shorts on before meeting Jacob by our holding cells. We usually don't have any prisoners, so they are rarely used.

"Show it to me." I growl, looking at a piece of paper that Jacob is holding. He immediately hands it over.

Tell your alpha to not get too attached to his girl. He wants her and he will get her.