Chapter 1

"Come on! If we're late, Emma will kill us!!"  Mercedes screeched.
          "Alright alright we're coming," Rachel replied, stepping out of the cab. "I still don't understand why we're meeting everyone at a ball game"
          "Emma said that it'll 'keep us in the sports mood'," Tina said rolling her eyes. They all began to laugh and then started walking towards the stadium.

-

            By the time they arrived,  everyone was already there-several men from the other company they were supposed to work with, Schuester's Sporting Goods, and all the members of their company, Designer Chic. Each of them had to get a name tag and introduce themselves  but when Rachel reached for a name tag, she accidentally bumped into a very handsome 6'3 man with beautiful brown eyes.

          "S-sorry," She said. What the heck am I doing? Why all of a sudden am I stuttering? She thought.

          "It's fine. I'm Finn. Finn Hudson," he replied and all she could do was just think damn he's hot.
          "Rachel. Rachel Berry," She told him while shaking his hand. They both a spark when their hands touched and Rachel began to blush while Finn smiled and thought damn. She's so hot. I really hope she's my partner for this project.

          "Alright everyone gather around," the boss of Schuester's Sporting Goods said. "Each of you will pick a name out of this hat and whoever it is is your partner. Each member from my company will pick from one hat while the members from Emma's pick from another so that each of you have a partner from the other company. Sound good? Great!" Rachel and Finn both made their way on to the lines  that were forming in front of the hats.
"Sam," Mercedes announced.
"Tina," a man from the other company who's name tag said Mike.
"Noah," Quinn announced and Noah complained, "did you have to put Noah why couldn't you just put Puck." Everyone just laughed.
"Brittany," the gelled haired man-Blaine-said
"Artie? Which ones Artie?" Santana asked as Artie raised his hand. "Great I'm stuck with wheels," she said sighing.

Finn began to smile because he knew he would have Rachel as his partner because they were the only two left. He still went up to the hat and pulled out Rachel's name. "Well I got Rachel," He said with a little chuckle. "So which one's Rachel? Are you Rachel?" he said asking the blonde one who said he was Sam and that Finn should know that because they have worked together for the past 5 years. Everyone started laughing until Rachel said,"I'm Rachel."

Throughout the game, each pair had to sit with each other. It was now the third inning and Finn and Rachel started to converse. "So are you a fan of baseball?" Finn asked. Rachel replied, "Eh..I'm more of a hockey fan."

"Really?!" Finn said beginning to sit up for he was slouching in his seat because the team he was rooting for, the Mets, were losing. "I didn't think you were a hockey fan. Who's your favorite team?"

"The Vancouver Canucks," Rachel replied as Finn started to get a shocked expression on his face.
"No way! So is mine!" Finn replied, "maybe we should go see a game soon."
Rachel smiled and nodded,"yeah that sounds-" Rachel stood up and cheered as Carlos Torres hit a home run. Finn also stood up and cheered.
I couldn't have gotten a better partner. She seems amazing already, Finn thought. They both gazed into each other's eyes after they sat down and just as Finn leaned in to kiss Rachel the most embarrassing thing that could've happened, happened!