“Seriously? And that stopped him?”

“Apparently it was a stick from some special tree or something.”

“What like a maple tree or something?” I looked over at her to see if she was serious but I saw a slight curve of her mouth and I smiled back at her.

“You really think a maple tree is special? What about the tree of Knowledge or the tree of …Life. He freaking got a piece of the tree of life.”

“Are you telling me that your boyfriend managed to get a hold of the tree of freaking Life. As in the one that makes you live forever to defeat Death?”

“I think so.” I said no real other explanation available.

“Whoa…”

“I know right.” I whispered back.

“Come on lets go.” Ethan shouted from the entrance of the alleyway, which startled us; he was in a car and hanging out of the window, waiting for us to climb in.

We rushed to the car and both of us climbed in the back seat and buckled up, learning that seat belts played a really important role since the last time I was in a car it didn’t end well.

Before we even had the door closed, Ethan was speeding away, running a red light.

“What the heck? Who’s car is this and slow down Ethan you going to get us pulled over.” I said hanging onto the seat belt for dear life.

“I don’t feel so good.” Van said, slurring her words a little, she wasn’t looking so well either, I think she had a concussion, she looked like she was about to throw up. I wasn’t sure if that was due to Ethan’s driving skills or the bump on the head but I’m guessing it was the concussion and Ethan’s driving wasn’t helping one bit.

“I’m sorry but we can’t, they could be right behind us and the cars stolen.” He said glancing back and then up at the sky.

“What you stole a car?” I asked shocked out of my mind and he was driving like a maniac. Did he want us to get caught?

“I had no choice, we couldn’t go anymore on foot and a car would get us out of here faster than what our feet would. I’ll return the car once we’re done with it.”

“Then can you at least slow down? The cops can pull us over and then we would be in more trouble.”

“But D will find us. D’s worse than the cops, so I’ll take my chances.”

“Ethan we had been running for nearly two hours straight. Do you really think that he would catch up so soon, especially after you staked him with a branch from the tree of life?”

“You know about the tree?” He asked turning slightly to look at me.