George and Layla pt. 3

George and Layla

How could I be so stupid? I kissed Layla, like the fucking idiot that I am. When I arrived at the pathaway that I met Layla on, I screamed. I'm such an idiot.

Layla's understanding though, I can tell her that I was just stressed out, and I was hoping that kissing her would help. No, that doesn't make sense and it makes it sound like I was trying to use her.

As I thought of excuses I could use to make her continue to be my friend, I got a text from none other then Layla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gorgeous: where are you?

Me: Pathaway where we met.

Gorgeous: I forgot where that's at.

Me: Valleyway Str. and then u turn right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Layla arrived at the pathaway four minutes later. She got out of the car and began walking over to me with a very pissed off face. Never have I ever seen her so pissed off.

"Did you think that was fucking funny?" she growled.

"What?"

"Kissing me out of the blue and then leaving before we can talk!" she seethed, venom dripping in every word coming from her mouth.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to forget about it," I murmured, casting my head downwards. I didn't want to see the disappointment in her eyes.

".. was I, was I that bad?" she asked, her voice cracking a little. I quickly looked up and saw her angry face forming tears, and her beautiful lips began quivering.

"No! You weren't bad, believe me, far from it!" I quickly said before pulling her into a hug.

"Did you regret it?" she questioned, I could hear her trying to push out the sadness in her voice, but it wasn't really working.

"Did you?" I answer the question with a question.

"Why would I?"

I almost cried. Am I dreaming? Did the Layla Belchor just basically admit that she liked kissing me? But another question bubbled in my head, "if you didn't regret it, then why'd you pull away?"

"Because I thought you would regret it."

"I would never regret kissing you, Layla. The person I was talking about in the car yesterday, I was talking about you," I admitted.

"Why were you crying about me yesterday?"

"I thought I was being selfish by liking you, you're gorgeous.. you belong to a guy who looks like Joel, you know, handsome. And smart, and athletic-"

"So you?" she giggled.

"I'm none of those things," I replied. Is she crazy?

"Let's see," she began, "you're handsome."

She started to stroke my cheeks.

"You're smart, almost all a's in every one of your classes."

She tapped her finger on her chin as if in thought, but in a ridiculous way.

"And you just ran three miles over here in like thirty minutes and you're not even out of breath," she pointed out. My grin could've reached from ear to ear. This girl is like an angel.

"Does this mean you have feelings for me too?" I asked, worry still etched in my voice.

"Noooooooooooooo, I just said all of that because I wanted to kick you in the balls," she remarked.

I smirked before grabbing her waist and pulling her body against mine. Her breathing hitched and I could hear her heartbeat increase, it made my confidence skyrocket.

 Putting one hand on her soft, rosy cheek once again, I kissed her. This time, I didn't feel the need to roughly kiss her as if I never would again, because now I know that we'll do this. We'll do it a lot. Instead, I gently kissed her, letting every emotion I feel for her flow with it.