George and Layla pt. 2

George and Layla

George spent the night at my house after finishing one of the chocolate bars in the car. I fully intend to get half of one of those chocolate bars, though, and he better expect it coming.

Right when I opened my eyes, the morning sun nearly blinded me, and I quickly closed the curtains in the living room just a tad. Because last night was Friday, George and I decided to stay up all night playing Monopoly, and of course, like every game we play, he won. We both passed out in the middle of our third game around two in the morning, and it's currently ten am. The sun is hurting my painful eyes, and I feel like crap for some reason. Did we get drunk last night? No, I don't think we did.

I soon heard George's groaning, signaling his awakening. Awakening, it's like the kraken getting ready to maul some people and kill a whole village. I act so childish sometimes.

He gave a long, hard yawn, stretching his arms and legs. It was contagious and I started yawning too. This made him smile.

"Did you dream about me?" he teased.

"In fact, I did," I began, nearly crying at how pale his face got, "It was a dream where you actually didn't tease me, what a crazy dream, right?"

He stuck his tongue at me before retreating to the kitchen. He came out with two bottles of water. Tossing on at me, he started a conversation, "so, did you actually have a cool dream or are you just gonna keep being sarcastic?"

I did have a dream, it was crazy though. But since this is my thoughts, it doesn't matter if I talk about it. George and I were walking down a pathaway that looked vaguely familaiar, the place was so sirene and nice. Birds were chirping and the grass was bright green. The weird part was when we told me he had feelings for me. It's weird even explaining it in my thoughts. I woke up after he told me though, kind of a shame. I tried to fall asleep again at first, but decided to just open my eyes after a three minute attempt. Opened my eyes only for them to quickly close again from the sun, though.

Now you're probably wondering where my parents are. I live on my own. Laura, Joel, George and I are all seniors in high school, I'm eighteen. I quickly moved out of my alcholic mom's house and got a job and now I live on my own. Of course, it's really hard, but sometimes my grandma will come over and help me pay a few bills because I can only get in so many hours of work because of school.

Speaking of work, I have to work today. I checked the time, 10:45. I have to work at eleven am today. Ah man.

"George, you can stay here if you want, I need to go to work," I quickly said, running up to my room and getting dressed.

In less then five minutes, I was out the door and driving to Blockbusters where I work.

As soon as I walk in through the doors, Amy, the amazing lesbian girl that fake dated Joel to get Noelle and Brian off her ass about being lesbian, came rushing to me. This store is how we met.

"Oh my god, you made it with like two minutes left, is that a new record?"

"I guess so, oh my god I'm exhausted though. I literally ran out of my house like that one time we had to run the mile in under seven minutes during sophomore year."

Amy shivered at the memory, "Oh, by the way, is your friend George still single?"

"Aren't you full out lesbian?"

Amy burst out laughing, "Not for me, silly. My friend Nicole wants me to go boyfriend hunting for her. I remember you talking about George once, he sounded pretty cool. Sarcastic, just like Nicole. I thought maybe they'd get along."

I felt slight jealousy, and I don't even understand why. "George isn't on the market at the moment, I'm sorry."

"Oh, that's a shame," she said, before killing the conversation. We then started talking about shoes and all that jazz. I said George wasn't on the market because of last night. He told me he liked someone. Therefore, I was not lying. Knowing George, he wouldn't admit to me and himself that he likes someone only to decide to date someone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I didn't have school today, I decided to stay for nine hours when I usually only have enough time for four.

Driving home, I remembered that I let George stay over at my house. Awe, he probably finished all his chocolate bars by now. I don't feel like buying a chocolate bar for myself right now, it's eight pm right now and I honestly just feel like laying on my bed and watching some cliche chick flicks. Maybe George will join me.

I got home to the manly and nice smell of George. I know that's weird to say, but George really does smell nice like all the time. I asked him once why he always puts cologne on, but he told me he doesn't wear cologne, so it's weird.

"George, where are you?" I shouted.

"Bathroom," I heard him shout back.

I went to the kitchen and looked in the fridge to see half a chocolate bar left. I smiled a little, George is so sweet sometimes. I grabbed the chocolate bar, laid on the couch, and turned the tv onto some weird romance movie that already sounded kinda stupid in the first two minutes of my watching it.

George emerged from the bathroom and smirked when he saw me eating the chocolate. "And you say I'm mean to you."

"I never said you're mean to me, you just tease a lot," I replied.

"Well, stop being so teaseable."

"Is teaseable even a word?"

"Are you even a word?" he childishly retorted. I started choking on the chocolate. George is so adorable. He began laughing, and I quickly swallowed the chocolate in my mouth before starting my laughter as well. Thus began a loud laughing war, two children laughing at a reply that didn't even make sense and my choking on chocolate.

"I can't tell if it's because you stupidly started choking on your chocolate, or the fact that we're too childish for eighteen that's making me laugh so hard," he finally said after the laughter died down.

I nodded my head in agreement, both of us silently concluding that it was both.

It got really quiet, and after a minute, I turned my head to George and realized how close he actually is. A hair's length away from me, and right now all I really wanted to do was kiss his lips, just a quick taste. I was hoping that the want I felt in this moment wasn't showing through my eyes, because I saw nothing in his eyes. There were emotions, but I couldn't comprehend them. He hides them well.

That broke when his eyes shifted down to my lips and back to my eyes quickly. Slowly, he began leaning in. It wasn't long after that I felt his lips on mine. Pure magic, ecstasy. It was like getting high but without the drugs. I could tell this wasn't his first rodeo when he placed his hand gently on my cheek and the other around my waist and kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

His lips moved rapidly against mine, it was if this was his only chance. And then I realized, maybe this is my only chance. Maybe this was just a spur of the moment to him, and at that thought, I quickly pulled away.

"I'm-" I began.

"No, stop! .. I'm sorry. I just... I'm sorry, I was being selfish," he mumbled quickly, his eyes darting anywhere but my face. Selfish, what the fuck does he mean by he was being selfish? Before I could question him, he was running out the door.

"George, get back here!" I shouted at him. I ran after him, only to see him gone from where the eye could see at night. He runs way too fast.