Best Friends Forever

I stared at Joel as he bit down on an apple. Watch how he eats an apple, they say. It shows whether or not he's a good kisser. Honestly, why am I even thinking about this?

I was lost in my thoughts when Joel decided to pull me out. "Laura, are you going to my soccer game today?" he asked.

"You already know the answer to that," I told him, "we're best friends, obviously I'm going."

"Wow, way to make it sound like an obligation," he whined.

We both know that I would never miss a soccer game, even if him and I weren't best friends. I love soccer, I love watching it and playing it in PE, I just really suck. I'm bad at actually kicking the ball, I somehow always miss.

Joel and I are currently sitting in the cafeteria chatting with our squad. Our squad consisting of two other people, George and Layla. George is a full set tan guy, but he's still pretty good looking. He has a scruffy beard that makes him look authorative and mature, but inside he's a big teddy bear. He has brown hair with green tips, really tall, has big dark brown eyes, full lips, and barely there cheekbones.

Layla is absolutely adorable. She has full lips, pale skin, chubby rose colored cheeks, big pale blue eyes, platinum blonde long hair, and has a really thin and short body, and all in all, she's absolutely adorable. I've always secretly shipped Layla and George, but they always deny it.

Off to Joel. Joel is slightly tall, not a giant like George, though. He's slightly tan from being outside playing soccer all the time, and he has dark blue eyes with dark brown hair. He's more on the muscular side, with just a tad bit of muscle, but most of his muscles go to his legs. His lips are what you'd call a normal size. Also, his face is really defined, going from his jawline, to his cheekbones, and then to his nose.

I, on the other hand, am not very defined. I wouldn't say that I'm a Plain Jane, but I'm not something you'd get excited for. I'm average weighted, have slightly tan skin just like Joel, medium sized eyes that are light brown, a button nose, heart shaped jaw, and light brown hair that kind of matches my eyes.

Anyway, off with describing. We're all sitting in the cafeteria minding our own business. All of that breaks, however, when Ashley and her cheer minions come running along. Ashley has this not-so-secret crush on Joel, but Joel doesn't really notice it. George, Layla, and I all notice it though. Joel's just really oblivious.

Ashley came strutting down, purposely pushing out her boobs- which was not very impressive seeing as her boobs were slightly small. Not that I have anything against small boobs, I'd just rather her not pop out her boobs at all.

"Hey Jooooel," she dragged out Joel's name in what was supposed to be a seductive way, getting close to his face and breathing on his ear. Joel made a face as if he was about to puke, but was evidently trying to hide that from Ashley. Joel always was a sweet guy, never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings even if it was queen bitch.

Ashley tossed her long blonde hair behind her back and aimed her light blue eyes straight at Joel, neglecting the fact that George, Layla, and I even existed. "So, do you wanna go to my party tonight, it's Friday and I just wanna celebrate before your guy's big upcoming game," Ashley began chewing on her gum a tad louder.

"Oh sure, I'll bring George, Layla, and Laura. You know, if that's fine with you," Joel lowkey demanded.

"Fine, bring your team of losers, whatever. As long as you're coming, babe," she giggled, the sound of her chewing starting to get on my nerves.