Tasteless

As he laid his lips on mine, I froze. His crystal blues eyes disappeared as he closed them. Mine remained open and constant. I followed the freckles that were spread around his pale face. His hands held against jawline, lips moved so gracefully. The bland taste that rolls against my tongue worried me. My heart didn't race, it only trembled. Nash's hand ran down to my lower back. His fingers slightly brushed against my skin. I didn't shiver or shake. I stayed still, eyes open, hands barely touching his skin. My cravings for his touch vanished into thin air. The only thing that were between us was the unbearable, shaky tension. I pushed him off of me, sighing loud. He flashed his eyes at me, falling backwards. His arms steadied him from falling. "What's wrong?" he asked.

What wasn't? I feel so motionless and plain. I don't have a single thought racing through my mind. That worried me, making my hands tremble. "You and Rose," I bluntly stated. "I don't trust you," I mumbled. It rolled off my tongue so easily, so quick. It rolled off of my lips as if they replaced the words, "I love you." And perhaps they had. "You don't trust me?" he questioned. "I don't," I answered. But I want to. "My mother doesn't like you," I stated. I was talking too much, but the words started to spill out of my mouth. I couldn't stop. "I've never met her," he frowned. "Wait, you told her about what happened at the football game?" he added. Part of me wish I had. Part of me loves him. Part of me is questioning why.

"No," I shook my head. "I told her everything, but that. And I know for a fact, she wouldn't want me near you," I continued. "I don't blame her. I messed up big time, but we are over that, right?" His ocean eyes fluttered, screaming with such love and comfort. I couldn't stop staring. I wondered what he saw in my eyes.

Disappointment. Sadness. Fear.

"I'm over it," I lied, looking back up. "Good, now tell me why you don't trust me," Nash demanded. I shrugged, "She loves you. I know she does. You claim you never loved her, so why'd you date her? I get because her looks, but... why should I believe you aren't with me for the same reason. Or why should I believe you aren't going to cheat on her like you did with her?" I questioned. My voice became so low, you can barely hear it. "Because I'm so in love with you. I'm toxic, baby. I'm nothing, but trouble. You might question that or you might agree, but I'm a mess. But you make me not want to be who I was. And as long as I have you with me, I know I won't be that person. Rose only made me worse. You might say our relationship was so typical, but there has been so many problems. Now I have you and I'm stuck now. I don't want to look at any girl like I look at you. I don't want to feel what I feel with anyone else. You're much more than my girlfriend. That's just a label. You're the love of my life. And if you don't believe that... well, I don't know. I don't want to think about it. I made a mistake that night that I wish I can take back. But I can't. But I don't want that happening again. That moment when I realized what I almost did, I realized that I could of lost you. I can't lose you. I'm in love with you. Insanely and utterly in love with you," Nash explained.

My heart raced, hands covered my rosy cheeks. A few tears escaped my hazel eyes, wiping them with my palm. "Don't cry, you're too beautiful," he said, touching my scarlet cheeks. "I love you, but promise me you won't talk to Rose. She needs to stay out of your life," I said, jumping into his arms. I laid my head on his chest, holding him close. He held me closer.

"Deal," he exhaled before kissing my forehead.

As they usually say, "Actions speak louder than words."

Let's wait and find out.