Chapter 8

The next day, Bill woke up early, as usual. He did the average stuff: get dressed, shower, brush his teeth, comb his hair, etc.

There was one thing that Bill was missing.

One thing Bill needed.

The only thing worth sentimental value to him, that kept his day going, that reminded him that he had parents.

And it was gone.

His pocket watch.

Was.

Gone!

"Where the heck did I put it? I can't find it! Did someone steal it? Where the hell is it?" Bill frantically searched, but then reached into his pocket, and found a note.

"When the clock strikes ten and the darkness has rise,

You will find me,

in a disguise,

you may not notice discretely,

but I am in the corner of the sly,

the dungeons

where they lie.

So find me or die."

Bill felt his face pale, the warmth draining out like ten dementers were giving him the kiss at once. He struggled not to panic and tried to keep his cool.

Oh boy, oh boy, what was he going to do?

•••••••••

All throughout the day, Bill glanced around nervously. Every time the sound of the bell (signifying the hour) went off, he counted, ready to find the person.

•••••••

ONE. TWO. THREE. FOUR. FIVE. SIX. SEVEN. EIGHT. NINE. TEN.

The common room was always a place that Bill hated. The green lanterns and dungeon-feeling brought a sense of imprisonment upon him. It wasn't that he dislike being a Slytherin; it was that he enjoyed the Hufflepuff's house much better.

Of course, he noted, Hufflepuffs fail at life. Usually. There are the occasional fabulous-at-everything-and-ridiculously-nice-about-it Hufflepuffs. Oh, how he hated those Hufflepuffs.

The back of his neck prickled up, and he looked in the corners of the room. "The corner of the sly..." He murmured to himself. That was when he noticed the person in the cloak. They were hidden in a corner, in the shadows. "Why would someone where a cloak in the common room?" He said a little too loudly, and walked over to the person.

"Who are you?" He demanded quietly.

"Oh," the voice was kind of girly, but he couldn't really tell since they were sort of muffled, "I'm your worst nightmare." She tilted her head up, and he could see dark brown eyes.

"Please give me my pocket watch back!" He pleaded.

"Hm, let me think about it. No."

"Don't be a jerk!"

"Don't be a jerk!" She mimicked.

"Ugh!" Bill sighed, annoyed. "Please."

"What's the magic word?"

"Pretty please!"

"Hm... Nope."

"What's your name?" He asked her, which threw her off her game a little bit.

"Why does it matter to you?" She retorted.

"Because I would like to know who might potentially kill me so I can tell Satan where you belong."

"Haha. Very funny. Original, that's what ya are!" She rolled her eyes.

"Unbelievable. Maybe I should just die," he said.

"Well, that could be arranged!"

There was no response from Bill.

"C'mon!" She pried, "What'cha waitin' for? An invite? You're supposed to play along!"

Bill sighed, "If I wanted to play along, I would've done so by now."

She pouted. "Don't be like that! But, hey, if you really want to know... My name... is..." She whispered it into his ear, making his eyes widen.

"Really? Your parents named you Cressida?"

"Shhh! It may sound dumb, but my parents are Shakespeare freaks!"

"Muggle-born?"

'No, pureblood. M'Parents are muggle-lovers. Didn't take it well when I got sorted into Slytherin."

"That's terrible!"

"Yeah, my parents didn't really like Shakespeare when my brother was born though. The lucky prat ended up getting a normal name."

"Who's your brother?"

"Edward Semicullen."

"Cressida Semicullen. Weird."

"Hey! You're talking to your murder! And he's a Hufflepuff. One of the ones that are too good for Hufflepuff house."

"Lucky prat."

"Yeah." She looked down, which gave Bill enough time to push her out of the chair, and the pocket watch to go skittering out of her pocket. "YOU UNGENTLEMANLY TOAD!" She screeched, clawing to get to the pocket watch.

Bill was there faster.

Bill should've kept an eye open.

Bill shouldn't have pushed her.

Bill felt a stabbing pain in his back.

Bill was stabbed, the muggle way.

Bill's blood was pooling to the floor.

Bill saw the green light of the killing curse.

Bill inched out of the way just in time.

Bill fainted.