Chapter Eight: Masquerade Disappearances

After many memories distracting my brain from the terrible and unknown pain burning inside my body I was finally let free, but still had the pain inside my body. He dragged my body towards a shack where he stuffed me inside and locked the door.

I turned to see a dark purple dress about knee high laying on a chair, along with the same coloured heels and a mask. I knew what today was. The masquerade ball held at the Lockwoods.

I sighed before painfully shrugging my jacket off, along with my shirt and pants, leaving me in my undergarments and staring at the mirror. I saw a large purple and back bruise like splat on my body, covering most of my right rib cage.

It had to reach my heart to kill me, but I wasn't going to let it. I pulled the dress over me, the super tight dress and put the heels on. I grabbed the mask and went over to the door and with one kick I surprisingly broke it down. On the other side was my kidnapper.

"Are you letting me go now?" I snarl angrily.

"For the night. I'll find you after. I just need the Salvatores to feel hope." He says smoothly with his accent.

"I still don't understand why this is nessecary. I never did anything to you!" I shout and within a second he had me pinned up onto the wall of the shack.

"You just don't rememeber, but I plan to help you rejog your memory darling." He let's me go and I breath out painfully. This bruise will be the death of me. Literally.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I shyly walk into the Lockwood house, mask on and hopefully to not be reconized. I'm going but I don't want him to have the satisfaction of giving them happiness. Sounds selfish but it can't be done.

I shuffle around, keeping my head down as I make my way outside. Unfortunately with my head down, I could only see feet. This of course caused me to fall, and only to be caught by way too familiar arms.

I looked up and kept myself from hugging the life out of the man who caught me.

"Thank you for catching me" I say disgusting my voice. I've had practice.

"You're welcome." Stefan pulled me up and gave me a smile.

"I don't think I've seen you around town." He questions. Crap.

"Uh I'm just visiting a friend." I smile. Hoping he wouldn't reconize me I looked away from his gaze.

"Stefan Salvatore." He holds his hand out. I take his hand and shake it.

"Georgia Finland." I introduced the first name that came to my mind. He stared at my hand intensely and it was then I noticed my daylight ring was on my finger. He then looked up to my neck. Shit, my necklace.

"Well I've better get going, nice meeting you Stefan." I said quickly before running off, literally.

I ran all the way outside and finally breathed. I should have known that he'd find a way to reveal me. Now I just didn't have to run into-

"Clary?" A barely audible whisper was said. I didn't dare answer. Damon was who I wanted to avoid.

I turned to see his glossy blue eyes. I shook my head furiously.

"You must be thinking of someone else." I said. I really should get out of there.

"I know that necklace anywhere." He walked towards me, hand out to take my mask off.

"Damon don't." I warned, but Cursing because I never asked for his name.

"Now I definitely know it's you." Before he could come any farther I sped off, rushing around all the people until I came to the front of the house again.