Chapter Two: Unfixable

Damon's POV
Laying awake for hours isn't something I'd like to do, but I have to. Laying alone with no one to grab just feels too lonely. Again, something I'd rather not do.

I haven't been sleeping since Clary died. I loved her too much, it doesn't feel real. Like when I wake up it'll all be a nightmare. But it's not. Clarissa Doneve no longer lives on this earth.

I take a deep breath before hosting myself up off my bed to get dressed. I've got to do something productive today, like kill John Gilbert.

I walk to Stefan's room, watching him with his head in hands, same position for the past few months. I sigh and open the door, leaning against the door frame.

"Come on brother, no more moping." He looks at me with a emotionless expression.

"How? It's my faults." I rolled my eyes and walked over to him.

"No. It's not your fault. It's John's for using the Gilbert Device to kill all vampires." I pled my hands on his shoulders.

"Now come on, get dressed. We've got a funeral to attend."

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Stefan and I approch the Lockwood house and are instantly greeted by Tyler. We shake his hand before invited in and entering the large mansion. Many council members and familiar faces are inside the building.

I spot Elena and head over to her, leaving Stefan on his own.

"Hey." I greet her. She sends me a small smile before taking a drink.

"How are you?" She asks. I shrug.

"Alright what about you?"

"Okay. Still trying to grasp around the fact that she's gone." I nod in agreement and take sip of my own drink.

I look around the room and spot Liz, making my way over I also see a young gentlemen taking the Carol.

"Who's the guy getting cozy with Carol." I nodded Liz when I finally get my way over to her.

"That's the mayors brother, Mason." She tells me.

"Seems nice." I comment before leaving Liz on her own.

I walk out to the back porch of the mansion and our of anger I punch one of the steaks holding the roof up. I listen in when I see Stefan with a familiar doppëlganger vampire.

"Really Stefan, you hate me? That's sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end of one." Katherine sneers and pulled the crowbar out of his stomach, leaving him in pain as she stomps off.

I chuckle and speed over to him. He struggles before slowly getting up and sitting on the small white bench.

"Katherine doesn't like your denial brother." I point out to my relative. He rolls his eyes.

"You think?" He stands up after regaining strength.

"So what are we going to do about her? Fight to the death?" I balled up my fists and moved them in a circular motion.

"Come on, state your threat, mark your claim." I pressure him. He laughed in disbelief.

"I'm not going to fight you." He stated

"I'd fight me." I unballed my fists.

"For Katherine, I'd fight no one." He said before walking away.

I sighed before sitting right where Stefan had been before. I wasn't talking about Katherine. I know Stefan had small feelings for Clary, but they were small so I had nothing to worry about. But I just couldn't shake the feeling that she was watching me, that she was alive. It's been two months and I still can't shake the feeling.

Not loving someone for so long and still ting to get over the heartbreak is something serious.

I get up from the bench and begin walking. As I look around I see a familiar head of black locks. Stopping dead in my tracks I watch the head of hair, holding my breath until I see it wasn't her.

Come on Damon, she's gone.

But I don't know how wrong I am, because a few feet away are two brown eyes I've been familiar with watching me, but it's neither of who I think it is. It's someone I still love, even though I fell in love with someone else.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Who do you think it is? Kinda creppy just watching Damon, but I don't blame em, he's hhhhhooooottttttt.

Hope you liked the chapter :)

~Ansley