Original Sin (Chapter 6)

Hey everyone! Woah, am I actually updating earlier than usual?

Yes, yes I am. Lucky for you guys I got sick with the flu and have nothing better to do. Unlucky for me I got the flu. Anyway, hope you like that chapter!

WARNING: chapter is not edited, because I'm a lazy bugger and my editor is busy. I'll try to edit it at a later date... maybe >:D

____________________________________________________

Chapter 6 (Original Sin)

"Jesse, we need to go. NOW!" I say frantically, half walking, half running to the house.

"Ember, calm down, everything with be ok," he tells me, grabbing my arm and pulling me to a stop.

"How is everything going to be ok?! I can't be their goddamn Alpha! I'm technically not even allowed to drive yet!"

"That's never stopped you before," he jokes trying to lighten the mood.

I give him a small smile at that. He has a point but still. "And what am I supposed to do about the older generation of the Shadow Pack? I can't exactly see them welcoming me with open arms!"

"You're their Alpha," Jesse tells me with a shrug. "It's not like have a say in the matter anyway. We'll figure something out, we always do."

"Oh yeah? And where are we going to fit them? There must be over 100 in the pack altogether. Last time I checked we don't own a mansion."

"Hey, its not like we couldn't afford one if we wanted to with the money mum left us, besides, it's not like they will all live with us, they do have their own homes you know. Pack house is only really used for the Alpha and their close family and friends, and for business meetings of course," he tells me, adding that last sentence as an after thought. "Like I said. We'll figure it out."

"It's your destiny," Tasha says quietly, flying over as a humming bird and landing on my shoulder. "You're going to need the pack in the future to help you. You can't do this alone and while Jesse is your protecter, he can't be everywhere at once."

"You knew about this?" I ask, my anger rising steadily at her keep this critical information from me.

"No, not really. But I knew something like this had to happen. You're destined for greatness, Ember. The other Achazs... well, they were too week, but you, you're different. I can feel it. You need to stay strong if you want to survive this. You just have to believe."

"I do hope you realise how terribly cliché you just sounded," I tell her with a smirk, my anger slowly diminishing.

Letting out a breath of relief she half laughs, "Yeah, I know, but hey, it got you to calm down didn't it?"

I scowl at her, letting her know I am not amused.

"Em, are you going to be alright? Listen, I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment, but we can do this, together. Besides, I think the pack will be good for us, at least you won't be such a loner at school anymo-" he says before finally shutting up, noticing my death-glare aimed straight for him.

"Well," he coughs, "I'm just gonna go back inside, now that your safe and all," he finishes awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck before bolting inside.

"Go easy on him," Tasha tells me. "He's just trying to help and besides, you are a loner and you know it."

"Yeah, I know, but I like it like that. It's less complicated and you don't have to worry about people's feelings and stuff like that."