BURRYING THE PAST |LYA

Mike's house was full of people. His parties were always something. Always many people showing up. Always a good atmosphere. Always good music playing.

Even if I was guaranteed to have a good time, I couldn't stop stressing over the fact that Tom was going to be there. Even if I was somewhat relieved to know Sarah would not come, I couldn't stop worrying over how to talk to him.

I wished my feelings had already vanished. It was far from being the case. They were here and didn't diminish at all. Seeing him at the grocery store made my heart flutter and my guts hurt. But every time I happened to see him was when he was with her. How was I supposed to act in front of them beside pretending I was fine when I was a damn wreck inside?

So I drunk... I cup, two cups, three cups... Until the only thing on my mind was the sound of the music the dj was playing. That's when I really started to enjoy the party. Surrounded by Janelle, Terry and Alexa, dancing like crazies and singing that song I didn't even know the lyrics.

Never underestimate the power of the liquor.

After almost an hour spent jumping around, I decided to take a break and recover my breath on the couch.

I sat down and smiled while looking at the crowded room shaking with people pacing and vibrating with the sound of the music.

"Didn't even see you coming? I didn't even know you were here!" Mike said while seating next to me on the couch.

"Been a little over an hour and I didn't see you either. Overwise, you know I would have come say hi"

"Hmmm... You better..."

"What are you drinking?"I asked while taking a peak at what was inside his cup.

"Vodka baby! I decided to be wild tonight" he said before laughing at my disgusted face. "Why that face?"

"You're gonna stink"

"Stink?" He laughed even harder. "What? It's not like you gonna smell it on my clothe or something. Unless, you talking about my mouth and except if we end up kissing later, you're probably not gonna notice What I drunk"

"Kissing?" I laughed. "You have a wild imagination"

He smirked and shook his head. "Told you. Imma go all wild tonight"

"Alright, player! Just don't crash before the party's over"

"Oh, no, no worries. I won't crash before you dance with me"

Surprised, I snorted, which made him laugh really loud.

"What the hell was that?"

"I... Uh... Dancing?"

"Yeah... Dancing."

"With me?"

"Yeah..."

"Why?"

"Why, you ask?" He smiled before taking a sip of his drink. "Because I want to"

Dancing? With Mike? That sounded so weird. I liked Mike. He was a really cool guy. But dancing with him seemed like crossing a border I was never supposed to.

"Hey... That's just a dance" he chuckled when seeing my worried face.

"It's just... I don't want nobody to get the wrong idea"

"Who's gonna get the wrong idea?"

"You know..."

He nodded and smiled.

"He's not here right now, so..."

He put down his cup, got up and held out his hand to me.

"I'd say... Now is a good time then"