f i v e

Do you that look mothers give when you haven't told her about something that she was supposed to know?

That was the look on Emma's face.

We were in Ryan's car, Jasper sat in the passenger seat while Emma and I sat at the back. Jasper and Ryan were having their talks but we were silent. More like she wanted me to start to explain the whole 'knowing Jasper'.

"You guys seem to be quiet at the back. All okay?" Ryan asked as he looked at us through the rear view mirror

"We're good!" I speak up.

"Okay. So Holly and Jasper, how do you two know each other?" Ryan asked us.

"We met at the writers club." I answer. "Yeah, we're in the Writers Club." Jasper agreed to my answer.

"How long have known each other?" Emma asked.

That question sounds like as if I hid my boyfriend and never told her about him. I looked at Emma wondering where that question came up from.

"We met about three weeks back for one of our meetings." I hear Jasper answer.

"But that was it, after that, we meet today." I add to his answer. I saw Ryan nod his head and then he went back to watching the road he was driving on.

"You never told me about that meeting!" Emma pokes me and whispers. "Ouch! That's because you were so excited for your date you didn't ask!" I remind her as I whisper back.

I heard the boys' chuckle but both Emma and I had a frown for each other.

Ryan parked the car alongside Central Park. All of us got out of the car and we crossed the road and walked on the pavement. The two boys were walking in front and Emma was on my right.

We walked for five minutes and then we stopped in front of a restaurant. "We've arrived." Ryan sighs and the doorman opens the door to welcome us in.

"Reservation for Richardson," Ryan informs the front desk. The man checks his computer and nods his head.

"Good Evening and Welcome to Three Guys Restaurant" the man greeted us.

We were directed to our table, a table for four. Ryan made Emma sit on a chair, I sat next to her. Ryan sat opposite Emma and Jasper sat opposite to me. Jasper wore a sweater over a shirt and had an overcoat, dark blue jeans that were almost similar to his eyes and ankle high brown boots.

He did look good.

Two waiters came over to our table and started serving our dinner. It was a typical Thanksgiving dinner. Grape juice instead of wine because we did not want to get drunk tonight also because we weren't of legal age to drink wine, perfectly cooked turkey with some lovely well-seasoned stuffing. Along with that was my ultimate favourite, Mashed potato which was rich and smooth served with some sautéed green peas and French beans. A basket was placed right in the centre of the table with freshly baked dinner rolls.

It was an absolute delight to have this dinner for Thanksgiving. I was thankful that Ryan did not do the tradition of giving thanks because I had nothing to give thanks for.

Emma and Ryan had little romantic talks while they had their meal but between Jasper and me, there was silence. I did not initiate a conversation, nor did he. We both concentrated on our meals and I occasionally looked up to see him.

His dark blue eyes had a lot untold but he wasn't the creepy mysterious type that you would get scared of.

A slice of pumpkin pie was served to each of us. There was no better way of ending a Thanksgiving dinner without a slice of pumpkin pie.