What Happened?

I woke up with a headache. It really hurt. I was holding my head when I heard my mom say, "She's awake! Well don't just stand there!". She walked over to me. She had bandages on her face and arm from where the glass cut her. Cally ran over to me and asked if I needed ice. I asked for an aspirin and she left the room. Then I looked around to see where I was. The first thing I saw was a stranger walked in the room. Or should I say, father. "What's this stranger doing in the room?". My mom looked at me like I was crazy. But then she remembered I haven't seen him in a while. And I was probably still mad. And I was. She was correct! "Get out of the room! Now! I don't want to talk to you!" My mom dragged me to the other side of the room while the man silently cried. She said this, "Honey, he's your father. He came here to see us. When he walked in, he thought you screamed because Dr. Holmes was hurting you. But you screamed because you saw him didn't you? Well, Dr. Holmes is getting stitches in his face right now. I need you to explain to your father what happened. Ok?". I said this to her, " Yes, I did scream because I saw him. Then I fainted. And I saw father punching my friend. And no! I will not explain it to him! You can! I'm not talking to him!". Then my mom nodded and said ok. She knew I was upset. I sat in the corner while she explained. Honestly, I didn't want to talk to him, and I never will. When she was done, he slowly walked closer to me. I didn't want him to come any closer so I yelled at him to stop. He just came closer and told me these three words, "I'm sorry, Honey." Then he left the room and told my mom he was going to see Hailey.

Sincerely, Melissa Lay