Adam pulled me into the elevator as it opened with a ding. He turned to me and when he saw the face I made, he frowned. "What?"

I shrugged. Oh nothing, just that an elderly woman was staring at your ass and now, I have the desire to chuck my pocket knife that's sitting snugly on the side  of my shoe and under my jeans at her.

He decided to drop it and only then did I realize that he was still holding my hand. All murderous thoughts flew out the window as I tried to look indifferent so that I won't give anything off and keep on holding his hand.

Cassandra, you sneaky little bitch. My conscience cackled inside me and I bit my lip. I'm a teenage girl with raging hormones. Sue me.

The elevator doors finally slid open and we stepped out, continuing the hunt to Carla's room.

As we neared room 204, gleeful squeals can be heard from outside the doors and Adam's lips quirked in amusement as her rolled his eyes at his siblings. "You can never get peace and quiet when those two are around."

But even as he said that, no one can deny the spark in his eyes when he talked about his little brother and sister.

With one push on the door, the noise escalated ten fold and I laughed softly at the sight of Preston on the floor with his little sister on his back, yanking his hair while his brother tried to poke his eye.

Carla and Jerry was sitting on the bed, watching their younger kids torment their eldest son. The love and pride that shone through their eyes were very much visible and it made me think towards the day that I have kids of my own.

Carla looked pale under the plain white sheets covering her up to her abdomen. Her eyes were slightly sunken and her cheeks looked more hollow, causing her cheekbones to look more prominent than the last time I saw her.

Jerry was beside her, sitting on the edge of the bed with one foot crossed under the other. Their hands were entwined and it reminded of my own hand that was still joined with Adam's and I blushed at the thought.

Carla's eyes immediately flew towards us when she heard the door open and immediately cleared her throat, causing the kids to halt their fooling around and look at their mother only to switch their gazes towards Adam and I.

Ah shit.

I turned beet red in a nanosecond when Preston's stare zoned in to our hands and Cali approached us. I don't remember ever talking to her so when she sauntered over, I kneel in front of her and waved a hand.

When she was a foot away from me, she waved back shyly and I smiled at her, beckoning her to come closer.

Cali was beautiful and even though she seem to be about 5, I have no doubt that she will catch guys' attentions like honey does to bees.

She has Carla's brown hair and green eyes like Adam's. Her skin was fair but not pale enough to make her sickly. Her brown hair stopped on her mid-back and some strands were braided. She has freckles under her eyes that made her look all the more adorable.

"I don't bite," I chuckled and she blushed, walking over. Meanwhile, Pio who was already fond of me, barreled over with his arms stretched out, calling out to me to catch him a second before he launched his small body into my arms.

Fortunately, nobody got hurt. Unfortunately, I ended up sprawled on the floor with Pio sitting cross-legged on my stomach, peering over with a concern face.

"Are you okay, Casey?" He asked in a small voice and I swallowed the urge to groan when I saw his worried face, trying to not dampen the boy's mood.