Killian in the underworld

Author's Note: holy crap I can't believe this was almost spot on! Emma is going to hell without a second thought and will split her heart in half to bring Hook back to her. Excuse me while I hibernate until March...

He'd been damned to roam this place for eternity. After the centuries of sins, this was the result. He told Emma that anything could be forgiven when someone loved you, but apparently he had just done too much. Now, he would be here forever, forced to ponder on his worst sins and what he had lost.

Emma, his dear Emma. Why she loved him after everything he'd done, he would never know. But now she had a chance to move on with someone who hadn't led such a horrible and vile existence. And Henry, the lad had become like a son to him. Killian would never try to replace Baelfire, but he hoped to fill the role of a father that every young man needed. These two people, the most precious things in his life, they were lost to him forever.

He walked endlessly, it was the only thing to do. Him and every other lost soul in this world. He could sit somewhere and breakdown, but that would show weakness, something he would not allow himself. He thought of the awful things he'd said to Emma. He'd looked her in the eye and swore he would hurt her like she had him. He was full of anger and vengeance, having immediately given in to the darkness that was within him. He'd sneered at the look on her face, the tears running down her cheeks. Emma, who was about as tough as it gets. He'd made her cry with mere words. Now, the memory of it was enough to shatter his world. He wanted to scream and throw things, angry at himself for doing that to her. He was certain she would have a clean break after that, it couldn't be forgiven. He hoped she wouldn't linger on his memory for too long, she deserved a happy ending. It just wouldn't be with him.

He continued his roaming through this forsaken place, nothing to do and nowhere to go. He may have already passed the same spot thrice. He'd lost track of how long he'd been down here. He started to hear her voice in his head, he guessed at some point he would lose his mind and start hallucinating and hearing things.

"Killian!"

It seemed to be getting louder though, and closer. But it couldn't be. Not even Emma was powerful enough to make her way down here. Unless...

No, it couldn't be. She wouldn't be foolish enough to do it, to leave her son and her parents behind. All for him, to spend eternity with him in this dreadful world.

"Killian!" He turned and saw her sprinting for him. His eyes grew wide as she reached him and slammed into him, wrapping her arms around him, laughing and crying at the same time.

"Killian!" She said in a desperate and relieved voice.

"Emma." He said into her neck, his hand in her hair. "What the bloody hell are you doing here? Your son, he needs you. I'm not worth dying over, love."

He pulled away and cradled her face in his hand. She leaned into his touch and took his hand in hers.

"Killian, I'm alive." She stated, moving his hand over her heart, where he could feel the steady beating under the warmth of her skin.

His eyes grew wide in shock as he took her in, embracing her once more.

"We're going home. Now." She said.

"Love." He stopped her as she took his hand, prepared to drag him away. She turned to stare at him.

"Don't love me, Killian. I came down here to get you, and I'll be damned if I don't get you home." She said, putting her foot down.

"Emma, I'm dead. I can't leave. I don't have a beating heart." This time it was his turn to place her hand over his heart. She could feel it, it wasn't beating. His skin was as cold as ice. She broke down in tears. Killian's heart could have broke right then and there, if it were working properly. He took her in his arms.

"I'm sorry, my love. But I want you to listen to me." He said, taking her by the shoulders so he could look her in the eye. "You're alive, you have a future ahead of you. Henry needs you."

"Killian, I-"

"No. Emma, I love you to the moon and back. I'd follow you anywhere, but this is the end. I can't leave this place. It's what I deserve after a life of sin. You, darling, deserve someone to cherish you like the savior you are. I want you to be happy. It just can't be with me."

Emma continued to cry and shook her head. "No!" She yelled so loudly it resonated around them.

She took Killian's hand in hers. "Brace yourself."

He didn't have time to respond before her hand was in his chest. She ripped out his heart, and crushed it in front of him. As painful as it was, he couldn't die again. He held Emma's hand tightly until the pain passed. Then she let go. Before he could stop her, she buried her hand in her own chest, exposing her own heart.

"Love, what are you doing?" Killian cautiously asked. She eyed him warily and scrunched her eyes together, clearly preparing for something.

She took her heart and twisted, yelling out and hitting her knees. Killian dropped to the ground with her, comforting her. She then split her heart in half. Gasping from the pain, she shoved one half in Killian's chest and the other in her own.

Immediately, warmth spread through him. Blood began to pump again and the half of heart he had was pounding in his chest. He placed his hand there to be sure, and then to Emma's chest. Her half was beating a rapid tattoo.

He laughed a maniacal laugh, unable to believe what she'd just done. He stood up, pulling her with him and embracing her in a passionate kiss. For the first time since he'd been down here, he felt happiness and the love he had for her seemed to have been multiplied.

"Don't ever doubt me again." Emma declared, prodding his chest with a finger. Killian laughed and held her in his arms.

"Let's go home." Emma said softly.

"If you don't mind my asking, what is your plan to get us out?" He asked her.

"I told you, don't doubt me. I'll be damned if I don't return him with my other half." She said with a smile, taking him by the hand. He tagged along after her like a lovesick puppy. It was true, he'd follow her anywhere. And apparently she would do the same for him, even to the depths of hell.