Princess Emma runs away

Emma was the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, the princess of the Enchanted Forest. At twenty-four years old, it was almost time for her to take the throne, at twenty-five. Lately she was feeling the need to leave the castle and have one last adventure before she became queen. She'd never left her own kingdom. Of course, as Queen she would for political reasons, but never to simply enjoy the pleasure of traveling.

Her parents often took her out on hunts or horseback riding, but nothing ever gave her a true thrill. In a few months she would come of age and take the crown.

She paced her room in thought, then she made up her mind. She enchanted a rucksack to hold plenty more than what it looked like and packed it with clothes she usually reserved for riding or when her mother took her to practice archery. As the product of her parents' true love, she was born with the ability to perform magic, she'd learned from a sorceress to use it properly. She then scrawled a note for her parents to find. She took one last look around her room and left, making sure no one saw her sneaking through the halls of the castle. Her parents were out, handling business within the kingdom and wouldn't be back until nightfall.

Once she was out of the castle, she started to look for a ship. She had plenty of gold with her, enough to pay for passage anywhere and then some. She approached a ship that seemed to be named the Jolly Roger and stood before it. She studied it for a moment and wondered where the crew and captain were.

"Ahoy there, lass." She heard a voice say. She turned her head to look left and saw a man clad in leather emerging from below deck.

Great, pirates. She thought to herself and rolled her eyes inwardly. Pirates might mean trouble, but they would do anything for the right price. She confidently walked aboard.

"What does a girl have to do to get passage out of the kingdom?" She asked the pirate. When she approached him, she caught sight of just how shockingly blue his eyes were compared to his jet black hair. It knocked her for a loop for a second.

"For the right price, I'll take you anywhere." The pirate said. "Captain Hook, at your service." He said with a kneel.

Not just any pirate, the Captain Hook. She'd heard so many stories about him. He was ruthless, but then maybe that could be a good thing when it came to Emma's safety. No one would dare pick a fight with him and she could pay him to keep her out of danger.

"Well, Captain," Emma said with a sly grin, "I'll go wherever you take this ship next, as long as it's out of this kingdom. I'll pay whatever price you have in mind."

And with that, their deal was struck. Emma paid Hook half of what he asked for, and promised the other half when she reached their destination alive and well.

He showed her to a private cabin on board. She took notice of the lock on the door, if any of his crew were to be stupid enough to have their way with her, she wanted the door to be locked. But that would only be her first line of defense.

"Do you happen to have an extra sword lying around?" She asked Hook.

He regarded her with curiosity. "And what would a lady such as yourself want with a sword?"

"If you must know, I've been taught to handle one." Emma said proudly. "Should any of your men try to break their way into here I'd like to be able to defend myself."

"As you wish, love. But I do believe in good form. Any man who forces himself on an unwilling woman will be killed and thrown overboard for the sharks."

Emma dropped her jaw, but could tell he was serious. She was kind of glad for it, but not too thrilled at his obvious carelessness when it came to life or death.