Emma Gets Sick

David and Killian practically yanked Emma through the hole in the ice cave. She'd just had a brush with death after nearly freezing. All she wanted was her pirate, forget discretion. The second she was out she wrapped her arms around him and he did the same.

"Are you okay?" She heard him say in her ear.

She was shivering so hard she just nodded. She tried to stand and make her way to the truck where she knew a heater would be, but apparently she couldn't stand on her own. Killian didn't hesitate to pick her up and carry her.

David climbed into the driver's seat, with Elsa in the middle. Killian sat on the other side and kept Emma in his lap, doing everything he could to warm her up. David cranked the heater as high as he could.

Once they were back at the apartment, Emma still couldn't walk so Killian carried her up the stairs. His body burned from the effort but he didn't care.

The power was still out so David fetched every blanket he could from around the apartment. However, a short time after they arrived, the lights came on and Killian left her side for the first time since they'd retrieved her from the ice cave and pulled a heater from the next room.

"Oh that's good!" Emma said, a bit breathless. Killian hurried to her side and knelt down again so he could wrap his arm around her shoulder. She leaned her head against him and he smiled.

That night Elsa slept on the couch and Killian kissed Emma on the cheek and was about to leave, until she tugged his arm in a silent plea for him to stay. He was a little unsure since her boy would be just feet away in his own bed, but he couldn't deny her anything after the day she'd had.

Her parents pretended not to notice as Emma and Killian climbed the steps together. Henry was long asleep in his own bed.

"Are you certain, love? I can leave if you're uncomfortable." He assured her.

"Killian, it's not like anything's going to happen with Henry right there. I just want you to stay with me." She said.

He obliged and removed his boots.

"I can get you some more comfortable clothes." Emma offered. "I don't know what pirates sleep in but I'm certain it's not that." She gestured to his leather clothing.

"Thank you, love." He said with a smile. She turned to a dresser behind her and extracted a rather large t-shirt and flannel pants. Killian wondered why in the world she would wear this.

Emma pointed out the bathroom from the railing and made to get her own sleeping clothes.

Killian changed rather quickly, now that he was wearing the clothes he was loaned, he understood why anyone would wear them. They were quite comfortable.

He emerged from the bathroom and caught sight of Emma's bare skinned back while she was changing clothes. Before he could look away the shirt was over her head. He supposed he didn't see anything he shouldn't have, but bloody hell was it a glorious sight.

He made his way back up the steps to find her pulling back the blankets on her bed. She smiled when she saw him.

"What?" He asked.

"You look cozy. It's nice to see you outside of the pirate clothes. Not that they don't work," she said with a wink, "but you look good in clothes from here too."

He smiled a confident smile and climbed in the bed with her. She wrapped herself around him. Her toes were like ice cubes but he didn't care, she was obviously still a little shaken up. Before long, sleep overtook them both.

Killian woke up at the crack of dawn, as usual. At first he was confused but then he remembered what all had happened the night before. Emma was still sprawled over him, she apparently hadn't budged since she'd laid down. Killian couldn't bring himself to wake her up so he stayed there with her.