"Because you Greek dogs confuse me," she sneered, making me roll my eyes and turn away again, "Don't you look away from me!" I stiffened at her angry tone, turning back to glare at her as she took a step toward me. That was awfully brave for a woman who had no way to defend herself, but she seemed to know I wouldn't hit her. For some reason, the idea really turned me off, so I stood there and she approached me warily, tilting her head to stare up at me, studying me as if I were a creature in a jar, and that succeeded in irritating me.

"What?" I demanded. She tilted her chin up, meeting my gaze squarely.

The woman certainly had spunk to be able to look at me like that without flinching. Then again, Atlantean women, from what I'd heard, had far more rights than Greek women. They were fighters, harsh and brutal in battle, and the most passionate of lovers. Iapetus, when Clymene was out of earshot, often boasted about the Atlantean women and their ability to please a man. However, he tended to counter that claim with how treacherous and cold they were afterwards.

Apparently Iapetus liked pillow talk.

Ew.

"You are not like your brothers," she said at last. I narrowed my eyes at that. That's just what I wanted to hear. How much worse I was than my brothers; how I wasn't nearly as strong as they were, how much better they were. Iapetus really liked to kick me where it hurt, and now that same bitter praise was being thrown in my face by a woman.

"Women should keep their mouths shut," I told her coldly. Her eyes flashed.

"And men should keep their pants shut," she returned unexpectedly. Before I could stop myself, I was laughing, then quickly sobered when she quirked a brow at me. I cleared my throat and looked away from her.

"Sit in silence," I told her, making her huff, "I mean it. If my brothers think I'm having my way with you, they'll leave you alone. You're safer here than you are with them." She snorted.

"They won't believe for a second that you've taken me," she said. I scowled.

"What makes you say that?"

"Sweet Greek," she said, rolling her eyes and moving closer to me, making me tense, "You sound like a virgin." When I glared at her, she stared back at me before her lips formed an O of surprise. I clenched my fists and she studied me for the longest time, then cocked her head.

"You are saving yourself for someone?" She asked. I said nothing. She took that as her answer and nodded, then stepped up against me, making me tense. She put her arms around my neck and pulled me down to her lips.

"Then we'll just have to make it sound believable," she murmured before kissing me chastely on the lips. Confused, I said nothing until she cried out and I tensed. She thwacked me in the chest, jerking my face down toward hers.

"You better start making some noise before they realize you're not interested and decide to have their way with me," she warned. Now understanding her intention, I nodded and grunted, reaching up to snap the chain connecting her gold cuffs. She smiled, then cried out again, then jerked at my hands to urge me to do something. I picked her up, moving to my desk and dropping her on top of it, knocking everything off, and she threw her head back and moaned. I resisted the urge to smile at her acting. It was strangely attractive, but unfortunately, my body didn't react to her the same way it did with Hannibal, and that brought a darkening to my mood.

However, I didn't want this woman to end up like the others, so I kept up the ruse for as long as I could before she sighed and rested her forehead against my shoulder, her hands reached up and tangled in my hair.

"That was actually a lot more exhausting than actually fucking," she said, making me arch a brow at her crude term and she gave me a droll stare, "Your Greek women are too fragile, Greek. Atlantean women don't whisper sweet soft words. We know how to fucking curse." I smirked at her. She smiled, tilting her head again. I wasn't sure why I liked it when she did that. Maybe it was the way her long black hair slid over her shoulder, the way the candlelight made her blue eyes shimmer like the ocean in the sunlight.