Chapter 17: Smelling the Awkward

NOMINATED FOR A DM AWARD ON DMAwards !!!
Josh's POV

It moved too fast; it was so cliché. I just got caught up in the moment trying to make it up to her. I was a jerk before, a real jerk and I wanted it perfect to make it up for her. Well that's great because I messed up again and she'll never talk to me again.

I walked with my friend Ron. He was shorter than me with dark brown hair and green eyes. He was a bit nerdy but I needed someone to talk to.

"How did it go with Kendall?"

"Saying it didn't go well would be an understatement," I sighed. Just then Kendall passed me. This time her clothes were short and her makeup heavy. Her and her new crew walked past me. It was the same people. Aaylah was one of them and she was giving me a nasty look. I'm surprised that they all were wearing similar clothes to Kendall, they're usually the intelligent, nerdy types. Krystal and Hannah could of been twins. They were actually really pretty.

"Stop Josh you like Kendall," Ron must of noticed I was staring at them and I immediately felt embarrassed. Then I saw my sister and her squad walk down the hall. This would be a serious chick-fight.

"Where's the rest of your clothes, Vertes?"

"Don't try to act all innocent you wear things worst on television,"Kendall shot back. Chloe and Aaylah were trying to be like the popular groups in those movies. They were twirling their hair and chewing gum, while the two look alikes were shouting other stuff to my sister. Normally a good brother would defend his sister, but no one should when it's Paige Hyland.

The bell rang and I tried to catch up to Kendall but I would be late, so fear of facing her and rejection made me chicken out.
***

"Kendall!" I screamed by the busses. She simply made a devious grin and replied to her girls,

"Did you hear buzzing?" They all pretended to look for a bee or something. I decided to walk home and be alone to just simply clear my mind.

How could she go against who she was. She didn't wear things like that, she didn't act like that, and it might of been all my fault. I thought about that last scene at the beach over and over again. I almost had her, but I blew it. She wouldn't of cared about beating Paige if it didn't turn like this. You know what? I'm going to talk to Paige about this.

I neared the corner to my house and became more resistant to be so close to home. I didn't want to face Paige even though it might be my only option. I then realized I can't chicken out twice in one day.

I rang the doorbell my heart beating so rapidly. She opened; my heart skipped a beat in shock.

Kendall was with Paige.

It wasn't just Kendall it was a bunch of freshmen too. They were one year older than me, and two years older than them. Somebody shot a clever joke about me under their breath, and all the guys started to laugh.

"I'm sorry you don't make the cut for us, you... 8th grade boy. We're into high schoolers now," Paige smiled her evil smile. When she paused to say "8th grade boy," she said it like it was the most revolting thing there was.

"Kendall don't do it you'll regret not just being with your friends right now. High school boys are crazy you'll never know what they'll do!" It was no use, she slammed the door in my face. It was infuriating! It was still my house so I decided to see if the back door was open.

"Wow my sister's "so smart" but she can't even remember to close the back door," I snickered to myself. I creeped up to my room and called my mom who was at work. No answer. I called my dad and luckily he picked up the phone.

I told him everything, and I told him to come home because I wanted to talk to him. He couldn't though because he was in a meeting. I just sighed but then realized I should check on the girls.

When I went downstairs I couldn't believe Kendall and my sister were making out with the boys on the couch. I know I couldn't stop anything, since the guys would just beat me up, so I just walked to my room with my head down...

And then a car came.

An: sorry I haven't updated this in awhile. I'm not going to give an annoying excuse. But this time I'm not going to have goals, I just going to trust that you'll like this anyway. If it doesn't work out I'll go back to goals but I trust you guys and I don't want to annoy you.

Oh and I added that clip from Zoey 101 for ya enjoy XD

Pretty Tragedy: Dance moms  (Kendall vertes, Chloe Lukasiak,Paige Hyland, Brooke Hyland, Nia Frazier, Maddie Ziegler and Kenzie Ziegler, Kalaini Hilker fanfiction)Where stories live. Discover now