"Of course I ran away! Who wouldn't run away from a deranged creep like you? You...you.....psychopath!"

"Calm down." He told me putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't you E•V•E•R, tell me to calm down!"

He didn't reply. He just looked at me and shook his head. How dare he ignore me. That punk. I was about to continue throwing insults when he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"RAPE!!! RAPE!!! HELP ME" I hit his back with all my force, he didn't even flinch.

"I know how much you wanna touch me, but can you please wait a while. Don't want to rush into anything."

Cojones. I tell you that.

"Ass."

"Yours is nice."

"UGHHHH! Put me down! Creep!"

As the words left my mouth I felt myself being thrown on to something soft and comfy.

"Now stay."

"You gonna throw me a bone now or something, maybe my own leash?"

I saw a small smile -correction- smirk creep up to his face.

"Kinky, I like it."

With that he walked out of the door.

I. Hate. My. Life.

I hated it before, sure, but then I had good reason. I hated my life because I thought that I was looked down upon, I'm stuck in poverty with no way out, my mother's a whore who wants me to follow in her disgusting footsteps, or maybe because I know I'll never be close to someone let alone a male.

Now it was worse than that.

Now it was because- (A) I'm in the house of a stranger who seems to be dangerously close to my mother and by dangerously close I mean he knows she exsisted. (B) I want to know this strange man. To be close. A guy i don't know and from what I've seen I don't like. But he feels secure. He seems like if he would hold me, he'd make sure to never let go.

That is twisted.

I shouldn't feel safe. I should be kicking and screaming to leave this place. it's all suspicious, every part of it. Who lives in a giant mansion by themselves? With no help! How does he have so much money?

"Hey Seraphina..."

"You said you don't cook."

"Uhh, yeah."

"If you don't cook, and you have no chef or help, how do yuo eat? Do you clean? 'Cause this place is spotless. How did you get all this money? Are your parents rich or something? Are they drug dealers? I. Want. Answers."

He ran his hair through his shiny black hair keeping his eyes glued to the floor.

"Seraphina, you can go now. I can drive you."

"No! I need answers. You can't just bring me here and then try to throw me out!"

"Alright. You want answers you say?"

"Duh."

"Sit down." I didn't even realize we were face to face until now.

"Ok." I said simply and walked back to the bed.

He sat down next to me and rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes never leaving the floor.

"Well....."

"You know how I said I was..... something like a drug dealer right."

"Yeah."

"Well, I deal things just not drugs."

"So it's like guns?"

He didn't say anything. Juse kept looking at the floor with his head in his hands.

"You sell guns?" I said trying to keep my voice calm.

"No. Although what I sell can be just as deadly." He said with a humorless laugh.

"Why do you keep beating around the bush!? Just tell me already!"

He turned towards me his blues eyes dark.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I wanted to slap him in his face but my body was frozen and numb.

"Are you ok?" He asked me quietly.

I couldn't trust my voice.

"I sell women."

I felt my entire stomach drop.

I couldn't belive it. I could move, or speak. My entire body was numb.

"Are you okay,Seraphina?"

I still could not speak; I used what seemed to be all of my stregnth to nod my head. I don't know why this affected my so much. I had no history with Emmett. We weren't close, and I had been insulting him ever since I saw him.

But I have to get answers. I can't appear weak.

"So, that's how you know my mom?"

"Yeah, for about three years now."

"So about the job--"

"NO! How can you ask me that? I'm only 16 years old!"

"Yeah, your 16 and poor with a drug addict for a mother!" He got off the bed and stood in front of me." She needs you now more than ever. She's a frail woman and aside from that she's your mom. She may not have been in your life lately, but think about when you were younger. She was there when you alone, cleaned your wounds, held you when you cried. Now it's your turn.

Whadya say?"

He had a point. A very strong point.

Yet there was still a considerable amount of doubt inside of me.

What would Jorney think?

but Journey has money, she doesn't know what it feels like.

What would my dad say?

I should't care about him. He dropped off the face of the Earth a long time ago.

Would I actually be able to help out? Could I bring us out of this hole?

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and said the hardest words to every leave my mouth.