Chapter 6

In the pov of Lily Evans
Lily had been woken up to see James Potter lending over her to wake her up.
For the first time she noticed that James' hair was a mess but he didn't seem to really care much as he ran his fingers through it. He was rather muscular, but not overly so. He had gorgeous Hazel eyes and glasses on his face. His smile seemed to reach all the way to his eyes as he strode over to sit on her bed. "Hey lils, nice sleep? " she blushed as James called her Lils. "Yeah, it was nice " "good, I'm going to leave you so you can get ready." "Okay see you in a bit " and with that James left her room. Lily decided to take a very quick shower, and then used an instant drying charm, then put on her usual school make-up; a bit of mascara and a little bit of powder so she didn't look too pale. She brushed her now dry hair and pulled some of it into a pin so it wasn't in her way when she was writting and pinned it in place. Lily quickly got dressed and went down stairs. To see James sitting on the red love seat "hey Lily, sit here." Patting the seat next to him. Lily sat down and put her head on his shoulder. "James what's the time?" "Half past 8. We are waiting for the maudures so we can go down to breakfast" "okay" " "What's happening beautiful? Care to show Jamesie some love?" he said with a smile, sliding his arms around her waist so their bodies were pressed up against each other, turning his head, indicating she should kiss him on the cheek. Lily kissed his cheek, just in time for the maudures to all see her and James, lily hid in James' muscular chest to hide from embarrassment. Her red hair hidding her as her cheeks turned red. She was having a mental battle with herself, she Lily Evans had just kissed James Potter's cheek, did she like him? She had liked it when James had called her beautiful, that didn't mean any thing. Did it? She snapped out of it when James picked her up."James what are you doing?" "Carrying you" "why ?" " because I like carrying you" "please put me down or do I have to hex you?" "Fine I'll put you down." "Thank you Jamesie " she said snickering. "Oh f*uck I am never going to hear the end of this am I?" "Nope, I need to get my school stuff, Accio lily's school stuff" her school bag came whizzing down her spiral staircase, landing at her feet.She grabbed James's hand, " Come on james, sirus, Remus and Peter I want FOOD!" "FOOD!!" Said Sirius grabbing the other maudures hands and dragging them to the great hall.

They sat down in there normal seats at the Gryffindor table, when lily's best friends sat across from Lily and the boys, Rachael and emma looked like a zombie, while alice looked dead, "what time did you all get to bed" "well we kind of had a party andwewenttobedatoneish " "you went to bed when?" "We went to bed at one ish" "Rachael! You know Alice gets grouchy when she doesn't have enough sleep" Lily got out three flasks of pepper up potion that she had made in the holidays for school. "Your a lifesaver " Alice said as they all drunk there potions. Sirius was the first to speak, "girls guess what us boys found those two doing this morning..." "say a word and I will hex you into obliteration, I'm serious." said lily "I thought I was Sirius?' Everyone laughed at the joke, until "we caught Lily kissing James' cheek" Lily and James were not amused, they where both giving Sirius a death glance that said get out of my sight before I kill you. Lily looked at her friends and then too James, Rachael was in shock, on the other hand Emma for once was being the loud one, so loud in fact the other students looked at her as if she was crazy, "OH MY GOD, OH CRAP, OH SHIT,OH SUGAR, OH MERLIN's PANTS...." Emma would have continued if Remus hadn't put a silencing charm on her. Rachael's mouth was in a perfect O shape. When the bell rang Sirius had to shake her so she would snap out of it and go to their 1st potions class, with professor slughorn, the fat potions master. As the professor introduced him self it was evident that lily was the professor's favourite, "so class who remembers what potion I said we would be studying in the 1st 3 weeks?-- yes miss Evans?" "The dissolunt potion sir." "Yes well done Lily, 5 points to Gryffindor.The dissolunt potion is highly complex, a sip of it can make a witch or wizard invisible for up to 2 hours, but if brewed wrong it can have serious consequences, for example missing limbs, mysterious illnesses and possibly even a deadly allergic reactions. This year you will also be working as a pair with someone. Alice and Remus, Abigail and max, Servus and Marcia, lily and james and Rachael and Sirius. Okay a bit of a challenge for you all you have the rest of the lessons to try and brew the dissolunt potion with your pair, good luck."
James grabbed the book, and opend it to the correct page, he accioed the ingredients, while lily grabbed her calderon and weights and begun to read, she got 2 chopping boards and gave one to James who gave her a knife "i'l cut the beetle eyes, and Dragon liver, lily you can slice the unicorn mane and measure out the Veela blood?" "Okay" Lily quickly lighted the cauldron with the fire spell and left it to heat up while she did what James had asked. After an hour of potions, lily, James and all their class mates were red in the face and sweating. They had 60 seconds left to complete as much as possible of the dissolunt potion, James' and lily's potion was a Shiny silvery liquid they had reached step 10 out of 15. Lily conjured up a big flask and poured a small amount of the potion in; professor Slughorn then came round and judged each potion. Slughorn transfigured a piece of paper into a toad and dripped a small amount of potion into the toad, Alice's & Remus' potion turned the toad half invisible, but had patches of un-invisible toad skin. Abigail & Max's watery potion turned a toad bright blue. Servus and Marcia's potion turned the toad invisible, but still had small green spots on its back, Rachael and Sirius' potion made the frog's body disappear, but not the frog's eyes. Lily and James' potion made the frog invisible, nothing could be seen, you could only hear the sound of the frog "ribert,rrr-ribert" " brilliant, absolutely blooming marvellous!" Cried out professor Slughorn, "that ladies and gentlemen is the dissolunt potion, perfectly made by the two head students." Lily smiled shyly, her pretty face embarrassed. James on the other hand winked at Sirius, who was looking at Rachael, lovingly.