33

I could always sit and admire how beautiful Luke was. He was so beautiful and didn't even realize it himself. We were driving to my parent's house and Luke was looking at the road, face focused and his lip ring between his teeth. His hair was a bit to the side and kind of messy, but I loved it when he looked like that. He was also wearing a black button up and some of his nicer, black skinny jeans because my grandmothers party was going to start right when we came to my parents. I loved seeing Luke in button ups, he looked so handsome.

"Stop distracting me!" Luke whined, squeezing my thigh with his free hand. I giggled, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers, loving the way his hands were so big, but still fit perfectly in my own. "How am I distracting you?". Luke looked at me for some seconds as he bit his lip before he turned his attention to the road again. "You're looking at me and you're wearing that damn red dress I love so fucking much." he muttered. 

I noticed that his cheek reddened, which made me smile and pull his hand up to my lips so I could kiss the back of his hand. He let out a small sigh, smiling slightly. "I love you." I whispered, making him turn to me and kiss me quickly when there was a red light. "I love you too.".

It was a pretty long drive to my parents and I was nervous. I didn't know what would happen when we came there. My parents weren't the nicest people so I was scared that they would piss off both Luke and me. 

"Don't be nervous." Luke whispered, puffing his cheeks as he had to stop in front of a red light again. "I can't help it. I feel like something bad is going to happen." I muttered. Luke gave me a small smile. "If that happens, I'm gonna be there and support you, okay? We're here for your grandmother, you don't have to talk to your parents that much." he stated. I nodded, knowing he was right. The fact that Luke was going to be there with me, made everything a thousand times better. 

*
When we finally came to my parents house, Luke sighed in relief. "That was a long drive." he yawned, stepping out of the car at the same time I did. He grabbed my hand, squeezing it because he knew I was still nervous. "I'm here okay, babe?" he assured, kissing my forehead as we made our way up to the front porch.

I knocked, not sure if we should go straight in or not. It took twenty seconds for the door to open and my mother was standing there, her blonde hair up in a perfect bun and that red lipstick she always wore on her lips. "You did come. Claire is already here, you could have come a little bit earlier, don't you think?" she asked, voice harsh.

I was kind of suprised by her anger and didn't know what to say so Luke wrapped and arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Excuse me mrs.Sinclair, but you did say three pm to Victorica and as far as I see it, the clock is actually two fifty five.". 

My mother was staring at Luke in disbelief and I had to fight back a small smile at how shocked she looked. She hated getting talked back to, but she did deserve it. "And who are you?" she snapped, looking at Luke with a frown. It didn't look like Luke cared that my mother didn't like him. "I'm her boyfriend.". Mum huffed and opened the door. "Well, come on in. The dinner is ready and everyone is waiting for you two." she snapped.

When mum had walked into the kitchen and Luke and I were standing in the hallway, Luke pulled me in for a hug. "Your mother seems like a blast." he sarcastically stated, making me snort. "Just wait until you see my father." I muttered, pulling him with me into the kitchen. 

Everyone's eyes were on Luke and me. I felt very uncomfortable. "Glad you finally made it." my dad scoffed, making me roll my eyes. Luke looked like he was about to say anything back, but I just squeezed his hand, shaking my head. My dad was an only child which was the reason that it was only dad, mum, Claire and my grandmother here. My grandfather died five years ago.