(Chapter 1)

(Kloes POV)

The first run is always a tradition in all packs. It is the first time that you and your wolf run together as one. You can either run with your pack or on your own if you choose. I chose to run alone, I am more of a on-my-own kind of person. I also just wanted to bond with my wolf, after all I will always have her and I just want to know her more.

As I know of right now she is a strong, powerful and dangerous wolf, but she also has a sweet and kind side to her. She is a white wolf and has the most unique eyes. When she feels happy she has silver-blue eyes. When she is mad her eyes turn a dark blue. And when she is sad they turn a light bluish color.

I told her how i have blue eyes same as her and that my hair a blondish color with brown streaks in it. She laughed at me and said that she already knows everything about me. i just laugh with her.

Now I was running in the woods in my wolf form.

'This is it! I have finally gotten my wolf! My first run all bye myself! I cant believe it! I have been waiting for this all my life and i have finally gotten it!' I thought to my self.

'You mean we have both been waiting for this' my wolf says to me.

'Oh ya! Sorry' I tell her in my head.

'Don't worry about it" she says laughing at me, I just smile and laugh with her.

All of a sudden my wolf stops in the middle of our run by a stream. We hear what almost sounds like a scream but was hard to hear over the noise from the stream.

My wolf growls at the noise. And smells the air. It takes her a minute or two but she then finds the sent she was looking for, human. But that's not the only sent she caught, there was this strange smell that my wolf and me hated.

'Vampires' my wolf growls in my head.

My heart starts racing in my chest.

'Vampires, but what are they doing here?' i ask my wolf.

Usually vampires like to live in the city were there are almost no werewolves, and lots of humans to feed off of. They have these little clans of vampires all threw the cities and they all have there own territory. They are almost like a pack but they are called clans. But the real question is why would they be in the woods in a packs territory? They are scared of werewolves and need the safety in the city where all the humans are. So why are they here?

'Feeding' she growls in my head.

The next thing I know we are running toward another scream.

'Feeding? But why in the middle of the woods?' I ask her.

'They must of chased her in here.' She tells me.

As a werewolf it is are duty to protect the humans. That is one of the laws in the werewolf world. It is also one of the reasons that we were created. To protect humans from the blood sucking demons, known as vampires. Human do not know about neither of our kind and it will always be that way. We stay in the shadows.

My wolf and I are getting closer to the screaming. The air smells of the human and vampires but there is also a new smell... blood.

There is a field coming up and that is where we smell the blood. The screaming has stopped and replaced with wimpers.

My wolf and I are running so fast that only a vampire and werewolf could see are speed, no human.

My wolf can now see into the field ahead of us and the scene in front of use scares me. My wolf stops just outside of the field. I see two male vampires surrounding a human girl, she looks around my age. She has a bite mark on her neck that is bleeding into her brown hair, her eyes are green and you could see the fear in them. I also see another girl on the ground. Her eyes are open and she has no heart beat that I can hear, she is dead. My wolf growls and jumps threw the surrounding trees and plants, and onto the field.