Chapter 14: Aggravated Emotions

Aggravated Emotions

The man that was standing right before Ikuto looked as though he was only a bit older than his own father. He had messy black hair and dark brown eyes. He looked tired, and his face already had a couple of wrinkles in them. The man had been staring at him for a while now, not even answering his question. Ikuto didn't like the company of this man, after all, he was the one who helped Hiro abduct him. But, he did feel pity for the man, he didn't know why he exactly felt that way, but he did.

"Who are you?" Ikuto asked again, clearer this time.

"No one you need to know." Stated the man.

"I think I have the right, after all, you've already taken me to who knows where." Stated Ikuto.

"I can't risk my name being soiled when you get out." He told Ikuto

"Will I? I don't even know if I can make it out of here without you and Hiro trying anything." Ikuto said with a glare.

"Hiro won't do anything to you, he's too afraid to try." The man had sated.

"Look, can I at least get your name? It looks like I'll be stuck here for a while anyway." Said Ikuto.

"…" at first, he didn't get an answer, thinking he wouldn't get one anyway, Ikuto just kept silent until… "Sai."

"Sai?" asked Ikuto.

"You asked for my name did you not?" Sai replied.

"So, what are you doing here working for Hiro?" asked Ikuto seriously

"That's none of your concern." Stated Sai firmly.

"Alright, fine. Here's another question for you, how long are you planning to keep me here?" asked Ikuto "Because just in case you haven't noticed, I don't like being tied up."

"I don't know." Sai replied.

"What do you mean, you don't know? How can you not know when you're Hiro's accomplice?" asked Ikuto, he was starting to get annoyed.

"Look, I don't concern myself to those kinds of details, and even if I did, he wouldn't tell me. All I did was do my job, and as of now, my job is to make sure you stay in here. For how long? I don't know." Sai looked at Ikuto seriously, and for some reason, Ikuto knew that he was telling the truth.

"Let me get this straight, so all you do is follow orders? And id Hiro doesn't tell you to do anything else, you won't? Did I get that right?" stated Ikuto

"That's right, but I do have my own reasons of cooperating with him." Stated Sai as he looked over at another direction. "You don't know him as much as I do, that boy will go to lengths to get what he wants."

"Then why work with him?" asked Ikuto, this man was confusing him more and more now.

"I told you already. That is something that's none of your business." Said Sai. He soon went back outside for a moment and came back in with a tray of food. It wasn't what Ikuto expected, seeing as it was edible looking and rather decent too.

"This might not be something that you're used to at the palace, but right now you're not really in any position to complain." Stated Sai as he brought down the food and placed it in front of Ikuto, and untied him. "don't get any ideas of running, you won't make it far."

"Don't worry." Muttered Ikuto "Not like I can go anywhere anyway, seeing as I have no idea where you've taken me."

"Now eat. You wouldn't want him seeing you like this." Said Sai. "When he gets back, it'd be best if you were done with al of this, or he'd have my head."