Chapter 17: The Unwanted Circumstances

A word from the author kouhaixsempai....

Authors Note:

Hey guys, first off, thanks to everyone who reviewed the last chapter. :D I'm really happy that you guys are still there reading this and it really has kept me going.

So, not much in this chapter but bits and pieces of whats to come. I changed the flow a little bit compared to what I probably had in mind two years ago, and I apologize if some things aren't present here or may never be, as compared to the preview in the past chapters. I'm still open to suggestions as the story is approaching its mid point : ) so please Review and tell me what you think.

....

...

..

.

The Unwanted Circumstances

Kukai had never been the one to encourage himself to hate other people. He considered himself to actually be a very kind and considerate person compared to most. But now, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't bring himself to not hate the person in front of him. To actually see, after all these years, the man that had robbed his parents of their life and to see the man that left himself and his brother with no one but each other. It fueled hatred, brought back pain, and he wanted nothing more than to douse that pain by strangling the man in front of him.

Ikuto could only watch, as Kukai began to try his best to break the chains that held him down. His eyes never leaving Sai's. Ikuto looked over at the older man and saw a dash of fear, as recognition dawned upon him that the boy in front of him was the same boy all those years ago. Ikuto stayed there, watching the exchange between the two, and he honestly didn't know what to feel: sorry for Sai, or afraid of Kukai. And amidst all of this, Hiro's laughter broke the silence as his eyes looked over all the occupants in the room.

"Isn't this just great? A grand reunion." said Hiro with a laugh. "To be honest, I wasn't expecting this, but I'm certainly not complaining."

"Yeah, why am I not surprised that this amuses you?" asked Ikuto with a glare. Hiro was just treating this like a game. "You think this is funny?"

"On the contrary, I think it's hilarious, don't you?" asked Hiro. "I mean, just look at how happy these two are to see each other."

"You're pathetic." Ikuto spat. "You're actually enjoying this crazy nonsense aren't you?"

"Well, I did say that I never planned for any of this to happen. So it's all a surprise to me." said Hiro. He looked over at Sai and said "I'll leave you to deal with him. After all, you're what he wants." he said with a dark smile.

Sai clenched his fists, as he looked away from Kukai and glared at Hiro. "You're a monster." he mutters with gritted teeth.

"Oh no. If there's anyone in here who should be called a monster, that would be you." Hiro replies smugly as he begins to walk towards the room door. "After all, you're the killer. Not me." he chuckles again and looks over his shoulder at Ikuto and Kukai.

"Don't you dare leave us here." demands Ikuto as he too begins to struggle.

"Tsk tsk, it'll be alright. Sai here will stay to keep the both of you plenty of company. I on the other hand, am needed elsewhere." said Hiro and he gives Ikuto one last look and his eyes glow with a sinister glint upon them "Now, how long do you think it's going to take me to convince Amu that you're dead?"