Chapter 9: Flower Festival: My Beginning With You

Comincia dall'inizio

"I see. I wonder why they never told us anything about them?" Utau asked.

"Dear, when you live your life in isolation, you can miss a lot." Said Lulu with a sigh "Trust me, I've been there, and it is not pretty. One of the disadvantages of ever being one of us, of being a royal."

"But they usually do that for protocol don't they?" asked Tadase. "Besides, you have much freedom now."

"Yes, and Kukai has played a very big part in that." Said Utau "Having him as a fiancée has so much life in it, and so many perks too." She said with a chuckle.

"Well I suppose that goes with the package of your very unique relationship." Says Tsukasa with a smile.

"Yes I suppose so." Utau says with a smile.

"So, Utau-chan, will you be attending the Flower Festival? It's supposed to be beautiful this year." Says Tadase with a smile.

"Hm? Yeah, Kukai said that he'd take me. The others are going as well. Aren't you?" she asked Tadase with a questioning look.

"I was planning to go as well. Lulu-chan had agreed to accompany me." Tadase glanced over at Lulu and gave her a smile, and Utau didn't fail to notice that she smiled back with a blush very evident on her face.

Tsukasa gave off a small chuckle as he stared at the two teens and Utau gave off a little laugh. This action made Tadase and Lulu blush even more. Utau stifled more of her laughter as she saw the aftermath of what happened, and even kairi couldn't help it.

"Ahem." Tsukasa said as he cleared his throat "Anyway, Kairi-kun, were you planning to attend as well?"

"Yes. I'll be asking Musashi to drop me off in the Fujisaki household later on so I can pick up Yaya." Said Kairi with a small smile.

"Oh I see." Said Utau "So you and Yaya will be heading there separate from us?" asked Utau.

"Yes, well, that's what was supposed to happen." Explained Kairi.

"And Tadase and I will be going there separately as well." Said Lulu.

"Hm, so I guess that we'll just be seeing each other in town then." Stated Utau and the others just nodded in reply.

"Seems that your escort is here." Said Tsukasa with another smile.

"Hey everyone!" Utau turned to see Kukai there as he waved at them. As he walked closer to where they were sitting, she walked towards him and she was welcomed with a hug. "Hey to you too, princess." He told him with a chuckle. "Couldn't wait to see me?"

"You wish." She muttered softly only loud enough for him to hear, but of course she meant nothing of it, since she was really glad that he was here.

"Aw. That really hurt." Said Kukai with a mock pout on his face, but she could definitely feel the humor in his voice.

"Hey Tsukasa-san, are you going to the festival?" asked Kukai as he continued to hold Utau in his arms.

"I'm rather busy today, but I will definitely try to stop by the town today. After all, I wouldn't want to miss such a beautiful festival yes?" said Tsukasa.

"You really wouldn't, they've decorated the whole town for this you know." Kukai looked over at Utau and smiled at her "You're going to love it, I'm sure of that. The townsfolk put up a lot of effort for it you know? To make everything so grand."

"I'm looking forward to it, you know that. This is my first time to attend any festival made from town. So I'm truly looking forward to it." Said Utau honestly, she was still hugging him, not willing to let go just yet.