Chapter Twenty-Two: Kidnapped?

Peyton's POV:

I woke up lying on the seat of a car, not knowing where I was. I tried to pull my hands from behind me but they were stuck. I tried to move my mouth but it seemed to have tape over it. What was going on?

I glance around the car in bewilderment, not knowing where I was. I can barely spot the driver, but I would know that mop of dark hair anywhere; Kelly. I hear a groan next to me. I look next to me, only to see Rydel. Her eyes were sleepy. Someone had knocked us both out, and we have just woken up. I tug again at my hands, hoping to break whatever was keeping them together. I whimper, as I get rope burn. This can't be happening.

I hear Rydel muffle something like, "What the hell is going on?"

I nudge her elbow, making her look at me. She sees my appearance, which makes her eyes widden. I point my head in the direction of Kelly. Rydel sighs. I nod in agreement. What does Kelly want from us now?

"Oh, Issac! They're up!" Kelly squeals out.

I give Issac the evil eye. If looks could kill, Issac would be dead. I tug at my restraints on my arms, trying to break them. This has to work. I need to get free and Kelly's hair out of her head. She giggles at me, as she continues to drive. Rydel looks over at me, fear in her eyes. She knows that Kelly wants something from us, but what? Neither of us knows.

The rest of the car ride is pretty silent. Kelly only spoke up, when she thougjt that Rydel and I were dead. Other than that, it was silent.

We arrive, after about an hour and a half of driving, at Kelly's old house in Venice Beach. Kelly stops the car, before getting out. Rydel's eyes widen, as Kelly starts to open my door. I shake my head no, telling her not to act scared. Kelly opens my door, causing me to fall back. I hit the ground by her feet. I wince. That hurt. She grabs my upper arm, yanking me up.

"Can't keep your balance, Lynch?" Kelly giggles.

I try and say something, but the tape isn't letting me. In one quick swipe, Kelly rips the tape off my mouth. A scream follows the rip.

"Owe! Maybe if you didn't have my hands tied behind my back, maybe I would have my balance!" I growl at her.

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Issac smirks.

"Well you would too, if you were kidnapped!" Rydel snaps back. "W-What do you guys want from us?"

"Oh, its not what we want from you. . . Its what we want from your boyfriends," Kelly says picking at her nails.

"Don't you dare hurt Gus! I will make you regret it!" I snap at her.

"How cute. Peyton defending her boyfriend, when she's a hundred miles away from him," Issac scoffs.

"One h-hundred?" I ask my vocie cracking.

"Oh yeah, we're far away from the Lynches, Ell, and those others. No one can save you, unless the boys do what we say." Kelly says before laughing.

Rydel looks at me, her eyes filling with tears. In a matter of seconds, Rydel lets a sob fall out. I feel myself break. One hundred miles away from Gus? I can't do it. I let the hot tears fall down my face. Issac and Kelly start laughing. Rydel leans her head on my shoulder, her tears falling down onto my shoulder. I was going to get through this: for her and myself.

Gus's POV: (DANG! NEW POV)

"Where could they be?" Riker asks as we finish checking the house for the fourth time.

"They came home with us last night, right?" Ryland asks coming up the stairs from the basement.

"Yeah, Peyton and I-" I stop myself from finishing that sentence, with her dad only a few inches away from me.