➵16

Chris

          I sat at the kitchen table staring blankly at my mom with my arms folded across my chest. My food hadn't been touched for the past 15 minutes I've been sitting here.

"You did it, didn't you?" I asked. "You messed with the breaks on Jesse's car. What the hell is wrong with you? You could've killed her!"

"That was the point." She spat.

"I am your son. Not your boyfrjend. I will no longer allow you to touch me like you've been doi-"

She slammed her silverware down on the table. "You will abide by my rules or you can get the fuck out. You will not talk to that girl anymore unless you want her dead."

I hauled my dinner across the table and got up, stomping my way back into my bedroom.

I hated this. I hated my life. I hated everything.

I hate falling in love, because nothing lasts forever. I really do love Jade, but I rather her be safe then to suffer the consequence of my careless mistakes.

Omniscient POV

          One month. One whole month, and Chris hasn't said a word to Jade. She's lucky if she even gets a chance to catch a glance of his face at school, he barely comes anymore.

Jade was the first one out of first period. She stood at her locker as she carefully scanned the group of kids walking out of the class, when she saw Chris she immedietaly when for him.

She grabbed his arm and dragged him back to her locker, he didn't protest at all. In fact, he just stared at her blankly while she kept a grip on his arm.

"It's been a month Christopher. What is going on?" She asked, concern was full in her eyes.

"You don't get it do you? Jade, she will hurt you, and I can't have that on my conscious. Just stay away." He tried to free himself from the grip but Jade only grabbed harder.

"No." She said through gritted teeth. "You will not just pop in and out of my life when you feel like it, don't be like my father."

His face fell, almost like his heart broke right then and there.

"I'm not trying to be Jade. I'm sorry." He walked away, and left her there. Confused. Upset. And kind of heartbroken.

Jade went home later on that day and she wasn't in the mood for anything. She gave a little head nod to Jesse and Kathy and immediately went outside to the beach.

Chris on the other hand was torn. Janice wasn't home and he was so tempted to go outside and just talk to Jade, so he did. He was feeling really bad for giving her mixed signals.

He approached her on the sand with his towel in hand. She looked up at him with a blank face and continued to look out at the ocean. He sat down next to her and bumped his shoulder into hers.

"What Christopher." She spat, not taking her eyes off of the ocean.

"Jade I'm just scared. I don't want this to end up bad. I want you to be safe Jade I love you what don't you understand?"

She looked at him. "I want to be with you, I don't care Chris."

"I don't want you to get h-"

"How about we set up a schedule?" She cut him off.

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever your mom isn't home, come to my house."

"This is ridiculous." He mumbled.

"We have to improvise. You love me, I love you. Let's make it work."

And that was true. Jade and Chris loved eachother very much. He wanted to be with her just as much as she wanted to be with him, he just cared about her safety more then her feelings.

"How about I come when my mom goes to work? Because what I'm doing right now is very risky. She could be on her way right now." Chris said, and Jade nodded.

"So come get me tonight then."

"I will."

"I love you."

"I love you too Jade, very much."

He kissed her on the forehead and looked at her for a good 15 seconds. "You're very beautiful Jade, don't ever forget it either." He got up from the sand, grabbed his towel, and made his way back inside.

Jade was now grinning from ear to ear. She fell back into the sand with a stomach full of butterflies.

"Christopher." She smiled.