Welcome Home

“I good, look I bring McHowl wid me.” Riley said smiling and putting the wolf on her lap while petting the head.

“Where did you come up with the name, princess” I asked, trying to figure out where she got the “Mc” from to put in front of Howl.

“The lady that gives me cookies, said you were Mchot so I wanted Howl to have a nice name so I named him McHowl cuz you name have “Mc” in it. It’s a nice name wight” she asked me with a big smile on her face. Her grammar was off but for a two year old she loved to talk.

“It’s a very nice name” I answered not trying to break this sweet little girls heart if I told her that was not my name. The boys started to laugh when they heard the reason behind the name.

“Okay princess, let introduce you to your brothers” I said while putting her on the ground so she could meet the boys, “that is Richard, he is the oldest and that is his wife and mate Kathleen”. Kath got up and walked over to Riley.

“Hi, Riley welcome to our home.” Riley peeked out from behind McHowl to look at Kath.

“You are pretty, are you my mommy” she asked and Kathleen had this confused face after hearing that.

“No princess, don’t you who your mommy is?” I asked in confusion also.

“No”  Riley said with a sad face. “I don’t have a mommy”

“Sweety, Brenda is your mommy” I told her

Then when I looked into her eyes I saw sadness I didn’t think that she will miss her mom. Maybe she is looking for her and is looking for a replacement in Kath.

“Brenda tell me she no want to be me mommy” she said. “Do you want to be me mommy” she looked at Kath with hopeful eyes.

Kath took one look into her eyes and started to get teary eyes. Kath and Richard have been trying to get pregnant for a long time now. And they did get pregnant many times, but within month the first few months she always gets a miscarriage. When they asked the pack doctor he told them that Kathleen womb can’t hold a baby for more than a couple of months, so they gave up hope to have children. And here is Riley asking one thing they both need. I made the right choice to bringing Riley home where she is going to stay, and I am going to make sure Brenda does not get her hands on this sweet little girl.

“Yes, I would love to your mommy” Kath responds with a big smile on her face.

Riley jumps and hugs Kath legs. “McHowl needs a mommy too, can you be his mommy too?” She asked looking up at Kath.

“Yes, I will be his mommy too” she says while reaching down and grabbing Riley off the ground and putting her on her hip.

“Here let me do the rest of the introduction while you finish up your work in the office”, She says to me with a permanent smile on her face.

“Thanks, sweety.” I say getting up and kissing Riley on the head “You be good now”. She smiles and hugs Kath with one arm around her neck and the other around McHowl.

“See You guys at dinner.”

Kathleen POV:

“While sweety, this here is you oldest brother Richard and my mate.” Richard gets up and kisses Riley’s head and looks over at me with a big smile on his face when he sees my happiness.

“Over there on the sofa with the blue shirt is David, he is the second oldest and also your brother,” David smiles and waves at Riley. Riley smiles back and waves. “Then the next oldest is William, then James, Thomas, Michael, and the last one is Anthony.”

Anthony walks over, “Finally I m not the youngest one in the family, and I m happy to give you my place as the youngest” With that he bows  which made Riley laugh hard.